Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see near as many Challengers on the road as I do Camaros or Mustangs, but I do see a few here and there. I wanted mine to stand out a bit from those that I do see. Mine was originally Bright White with the standard black dual SRT stripes. I decided to give the whole vinyl wrapping a try and this is what I ended up with. My wife and I did it in one day and it took a total of about 6 hours to complete. The next day our town had it's yearly celebration and I was setting down towards the beginning of the parade. It came to a point that some old rebuilt tractors and classic cars were heading up Main Street in the parade and one of the people in charge of the parade yells at me and tells me to join in. I felt kind of silly at first, but I thought what the heck, so I pulled in behind a '32 Ford with 3 kids setting in the rumble seat. The kids couldn't stop looking back at my car. I had quite a few people step out and stop me to get photos too. It made me feel pretty good about my custom graphics job. In the photos you will see the front bumper stripe is angled more in line with the hood stripes. I removed that because I didn't really like the way it looked. Everything else remains the same. I am planning on redoing that stripe to make it more vertical and not look so angled/slanted.

Reactions: Jesusballer

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Looks good man! I like that you left the mirrors white, looks better imo. Great job

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good man! I like that you left the mirrors white, looks better imo. Great job
I don't like the way the red mirrors look on the ACR either. I also went with a metallic gray instead of black or carbon fiber. I didn't know if it was going to look good until I actually started with the red stripe. Then it really came together and I was pretty happy with it.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Looks great! I do think making the red stripe straight on the front will look better. GREAT JOB!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I removed the red stripe on the front bumper and think I like it just fine without it. Here is a photo of what it looks like without it. I may one day decide to redo the stripe on the front bumper, but for now I am fine with it.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Have to agree - better without the red on the bumper. Was the only thing I was not sure about when I saw the first pic in this thread. Definitely a bad azz look

·
Registered
275 Posts
Looks fantastic, nice work!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
That looks GREAT! Love it!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How difficult was wrapping that spoiler?

It was one of the more difficult parts of the process. I took it off and took it into the house and wrapped it. The middle isn't too hard, but once you start getting out toward the two sides it gets more challenging. You also have to wrap up around the bottom of the two ends because it can be seen when the trunk is opened. This was my first wrap job and I have a few little areas I am not 100% happy with, but I am a perfectionist too. I will eventually probably redo the entire thing, but I will still have way less invested than if I had taken it somewhere to be wrapped.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Depends on how adventurous you are. I would do it again myself, but I enjoy that type of stuff. I enjoy the learning experience too. Next time will be much easier.

Reactions: shootdownthestars

·
Registered
425 Posts
sometimes different is good . . . . sometimes different is . . . well, you know . . . . this is very cool, nicely done!

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you want the bumper stripe and want it to line up with everything else. Try some knifeless tape. I can't speak to it's effectiveness myself. I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I plan on using it to finish the front stripes on my car at some point. But from all of the videos I have watched it seems to work very well for compound curves like the front bumpers of out cars. And the price for a roll isn't too bad and would be more than enough to tackle the front bumper.

LINK

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have seen that product and it looks like it works great. I have a vinyl plotter but often hand cut my stripes. On the stripe I had on the bumper I just kept it in line with the angle of the hood stripe. I didn't like how it turned out and that is why I removed it. I think I will just go without any stripe, but may however redo it in the future. Who knows. That is the great thing with vinyl. If you don't like it, just peal it away and try something new. I have thought about two toning or something of that nature, but haven't decided on a design yet. I guess it is sort of two toned now. I am all about being different, I am considering doing something to the wife's 2010 Jetta TDI next, it has some nice body lines to work with.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I don't see near as many Challengers on the road as I do Camaros or Mustangs, but I do see a few here and there. I wanted mine to stand out a bit from those that I do see. Mine was originally Bright White with the standard black dual SRT stripes. I decided to give the whole vinyl wrapping a try and this is what I ended up with. My wife and I did it in one day and it took a total of about 6 hours to complete. The next day our town had it's yearly celebration and I was setting down towards the beginning of the parade. It came to a point that some old rebuilt tractors and classic cars were heading up Main Street in the parade and one of the people in charge of the parade yells at me and tells me to join in. I felt kind of silly at first, but I thought what the heck, so I pulled in behind a '32 Ford with 3 kids setting in the rumble seat. The kids couldn't stop looking back at my car. I had quite a few people step out and stop me to get photos too. It made me feel pretty good about my custom graphics job. In the photos you will see the front bumper stripe is angled more in line with the hood stripes. I removed that because I didn't really like the way it looked. Everything else remains the same. I am planning on redoing that stripe to make it more vertical and not look so angled/slanted.

Looks fantastic. You have to tell us how you did it though! With 3M sheets or similar purchased online? Did you have to warm it up or just push it straight on? Any recommendations for others trying the same?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts