Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the plunge this weekend. I've got a '74 in the garage needing a fair amount of TLC and made the decision to buy a "new" one as soon as I saw the Concept car. Been searching ever since. My '74 is yellow with black accents, so I really wanted to wait to get one in Detonator Yellow. Couldn't find anything reasonable within 1500 miles of Utah except a used one in Phoenix, stripe delete, manual, with 5200 miles for $32k. Decided to check the ads this past Sat. and low and behold there's an '09 Torred 6-spd R/Twith less than 3,000 miles 30 minutes away for $29k (dealer). Wife says let's drive it (amazing woman) "just to be sure", and I think it's a stripper and I'll be able to walk away easy after the test drive. Hit the dealer - it is beautiful. Right away I see it's got the 20x8's, R/T side stripes - a drive was in order. I've driven a friend's '09 6-spd. before, so this is really a formality. Original sticker is in the glove box - this is NOT a stipper car. Everything I wanted and then some. Originally bought in April, 2010, so it's got 2-ys. + left on the factory warranty. Sales guy says it was traded on a 2011. Bottom line - I couldn't justify paying $2-3K more for a $225 color option. I've put 75 miles on it and couldn't be happier.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Welcome. Glad you joined us. We now have 18,350 members and growing daily! You'll find that this is the best Challenger forum on the web.

One word of caution, however. It may prove to be very expensive for you...because of all the great ideas you will get to mod your Challenger.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Plans - CAI of some sort. I'm leaning towards the Cervini "Ram Air", NOT because it works (don't want to start THAT argument again), but because it just seems very cool for about the same price as any other CAI. I'll probably add a hood stripe and either paint the rear spoiler black or swap it for a go wing. I have a go wing on the '74 and it looks sharp. Beyond that I don't know. Decent floor mats to keep the carpet clean :).

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

grip and rip enjoy the ride

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.
Lots to see, read, learn here.
Learn of places and suppliers that are Challenger friendly.

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Lots to see, read, learn here.
Learn of places and suppliers that are Challenger friendly.

Stop digging up old New Member Introduction threads. They clutter the forum and make it appear that your only purpose is to increase your post count.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts