Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Challenger is late August of 2018. Also most been a whole year. I have noticed a few things that bother me but overall a very enjoyable car.

Things I have discovered or issues I have come across:

1. The music doesn't get very loud. Maybe it's the music file, but it sounds pretty tame. Do I need more juice or better speakers?
2. Also, is there a small data storage that copies my flash drive? I can take out my flash drive, relabel a song and put it back in. It will display the info before I relabeled it.
3. There is always one song that the playback will start on! Sometimes it will resume from where I left off. Other times it like it restarted.
4. Is Traction Control really good at keeping my wheels from spinning? Turn it off doesn't seem to do much.
5. I wish if the doors are unlocked. If I grab the door handle, it does not try to unlock unlocked doors.

That's all I can thing off right now. lol

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,308 Posts
I got my Challenger is late August of 2018. Also most been a whole year. I have noticed a few things that bother me but overall a very enjoyable car.

1. The music doesn't get very loud. Maybe it's the music file, but it sounds pretty tame. Do I need more juice or better speakers?
2. Also, is there a small data storage that copies my flash drive? I can take out my flash drive, relabel a song and put it back in. It will display the info before I relabeled it.
3. There is always one song that the playback will start on! Sometimes it will resume from where I left off. Other times it like it restarted.
4. Is Traction Control really good at keeping my wheels from spinning? Turn it off doesn't seem to do much.
5. I wish if the doors are unlocked. If I grab the door handle, it does not try to unlock unlocked doors.

I can relate to some of this.
Even the best dodge audio systems seem to be lacking. The base system flat out sucks.
The H&K isnt bad, but anyone with/has had a serious system will not appreciate it.
I have also wondered about how/why the uconn does what it does in regards to playing files. I have similar issues with playback starting on the same file as before, despite changes. Guess Im used to it..
TC does a lil more than just control rear wheel spin, this all depends on what trim level you have, but to my knowledge it also controls lateral stability, etc. There is a very noticable difference on my challengers with it on/off.
The door unlock has been discussed before on here and elsewhere. Hand position on approach seems to play a factor here, or so Ive read.

·
Registered
981 Posts

I haven’t used flash drives so I don’t know anything about that. But the speakers are fine to me, the music I’m most concerned with is coming out the back.

As far as traction control, it’s a noticeable difference. In my SP, you will squeak the tires on track and sport without it enabled with the smallest presses of the gas pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can relate to some of this.
Even the best dodge audio systems seem to be lacking. The base system flat out sucks.
The H&K isnt bad, but anyone with/has had a serious system will not appreciate it.
I have also wondered about how/why the uconn does what it does in regards to playing files. I have similar issues with playback starting on the same file as before, despite changes. Guess Im used to it..
TC does a lil more than just control rear wheel spin, this all depends on what trim level you have, but to my knowledge it also controls lateral stability, etc. There is a very noticable difference on my challengers with it on/off.
The door unlock has been discussed before on here and elsewhere. Hand position on approach seems to play a factor here, or so Ive read.
Seems that I get more crazy with cold tires than clicking it off. Maybe the F1s Supercar is better than I though. lol
So, like not put your fingers under the handle?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven’t used flash drives so I don’t know anything about that. But the speakers are fine to me, the music I’m most concerned with is coming out the back.

As far as traction control, it’s a noticeable difference. In my SP, you will squeak the tires on track and sport without it enabled with the smallest presses of the gas pedal.

I would love that for my R/T. Instant burnouts! lol

·
Registered
981 Posts
I would love that for my R/T. Instant burnouts! lol

Lol it’s kinda fun. But people also think I’m an idiot when I’m trying to cross a street or something with oncoming traffic and I squeak the tires lol and all I’m trying to do is get across.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
My car turned a year old on the 14th of July. All the minor issues have to do with the stereo,. and no, I'm not talking about the HK sound quality. I do NOT use Bluetooth, as it always has sound issues with all 4 different phones I paired up with it.. I put my music on a USB stick and the time I tried a USB cable to my phone(when I was messing with Android Auto) it worked fine, but I would rather not use the USB plug on my phone more than needed as I have had several USB plugs in phones fail or become intermittent, and don't want to have it happen. I like this phone a lot.

The time randomly resets back an hour, then after I reset it, it jumps from one to two hours ahead or back. It's always exactly in hours, minutes are always correct.

It gets stuck in folders when playing music on the last track every so often. I have to manually jump it back to the beginning, or browse to a new folder to fix it..

Somehow, it sometimes plays a song that isn't in the folder it's playing. I had it happen a couple of days ago when suddenly in the middle of a folder with a movie soundtrack on it, an old classic rock song played, and then it went back to the soundtrack cuts. Backing it up or moving forward, it wasn't there anymore..

And a couple of times, it has decided that it will lose my contacts list. I have to go to my phone's bluetooth settings, reboot the phone, and then pair it again to get it to access the contacts list. Of course, it did this on a trip I took last week. I sat in Meijer's parking lot messing with my phone...again.

The difference in level between AM/FM/Sirius and music files in about 10 levels on the volume. Radio is much much louder than music and switching from USB to radio can be a shock if I forget to put the volume down to 14 or so first.. I've checked the levels of the recordings and purposely jacked them up and all it does it clip and distort. I have the max level set in my editing software that the stereo can handle on music files, confirmed on two other HK equipped cars.

Other than a non-issue(IMHO) of the rotors "sticking" if the car sits over a few days when it's first moved, the car has been great and If I was buying a car today, it would be an identical car, with possibly the HK getting changed to the SGII.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,603 Posts
The time randomly resets back an hour, then after I reset it, it jumps from one to two hours ahead or back. It's always exactly in hours, minutes are always correct.
Where do you live? Near a time zone change? Indiana?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Where do you live? Near a time zone change? Indiana?
In the Toledo Ohio area. It does it about every month or so. I come out of work or my apartment and the clock is 1 hour back, etc. Just odd.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,603 Posts
In the Toledo Ohio area. It does it about every month or so. I come out of work or my apartment and the clock is 1 hour back, etc. Just odd.
Does it only do it during the winter/daylight savings time? That might be a clue as well.

·
Registered
629 Posts

I'm pretty sure that traction control saved my butt the first time I stepped on it in a sweeper. It was obvious that the car did its best to make up for my mistake as I could feel things working to keep the rear end in check.
Without traction control, most likely I would've ended up with the back of the car in the opposing lane, which while looking impressive wouldn't have been good had there been approaching traffic.

Sound quality? I read somewhere that turning the surround sound off would help, I did, and it did. Not that it matters to me as I rather concentrate on driving and don't really hear the radio anyway.
That Harman Kardon stuff may come out one day, making room for something more useful. Like a spare.

Anyway, like you I am right about at a year of ownership. It has been a very enjoyable year, with my only regret being that I didn't buy a Challenger earlier.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I live on the west side of Oregon and my scat does the time change thing also.
Now you guys are going to make me look at the clock in mine, which I don't think I ever have.
Not that it matters what it says since I have nothing to compare it to when on the road.

The sun still goes down when it does, regardless of what my clock says.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spooky! I was driving the other morning and the clock was set an hour back. Now, since I keep my car in the garage, it always had the headlights on for a little before it auto adjusts. When it did, bam! The time switched to the correct time.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hmm. That would mean that there is a reason to have auto-on headlights. Whoda thunk.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yeah, that would indeed be foolish, driving down the road trying to figure out why everything is dark, while unable to see.

I know that they have already done it with the windshield wipers, so maybe soon there will be auto-up convertible tops for people who don't notice when it gets cold, or starts raining?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Does it only do it during the winter/daylight savings time? That might be a clue as well.
Nope, it just does it every so often, but it's always sometime between 9am or so when I get home, and about 11 pm, when I get into the car to go to work.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts