Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is a 09 RT Classic and will want to put an exhaust on it. My issue is what one, I have been leaning towards a Corsa catback system but today spoke with a couple different custome exhaust shops. One says to leave the mid mufflers and just replace the rear resonators with magnaflow mufflers. The second shop is Hot Rod Scotts in Mississauga and they say replace the mid mufflers with Flowmaster 50's and completely delete the rear resonators... I am considering Hot Rod Scotts option, have any fellow Challenger owners gone this route with them? If so what do you think of the set up? is there any drone in 6th gear? I am torn between this set up and the full Corsa system, any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
762 Posts
My car is a 09 RT Classic and will want to put an exhaust on it. My issue is what one, I have been leaning towards a Corsa catback system but today spoke with a couple different custome exhaust shops. One says to leave the mid mufflers and just replace the rear resonators with magnaflow mufflers. The second shop is Hot Rod Scotts in Mississauga and they say replace the mid mufflers with Flowmaster 50's and completely delete the rear resonators... I am considering Hot Rod Scotts option, have any fellow Challenger owners gone this route with them? If so what do you think of the set up? is there any drone in 6th gear? I am torn between this set up and the full Corsa system, any thoughts are appreciated.
I did the Flowmaster 40's with reso delete and it sounds awesome. There IS some drone around 18-2200 rpm, auto trans, worse when the MDS kicks in but in typical city driving it's not too bad, I just drown it out with the stereo. It did get a bit softer as the system 'burned in' from a few trips to the track. Now from what I heard in sound clips the 50's might not be as loud inside.

Oh, and FYI I was chatting with the installers who did the work at Mufflerman and they said they HATE dealing with Corsa systems, they claim they're finicky to install and said I made a better choice for half the money even with full cat-back.

Now that's just their opinions, but I thought I'd pass it along.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response ADH, did you notice any change in performance with the flowmaster 40's and res delete? I spent a ton of time researching this topic this winter and some guys claim their cars feel slower with the resonators removed.. some commented there should be no change in performance however others claimed the tq curve would have moved some into higher RPM's. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
762 Posts
Thanks for the response ADH, did you notice any change in performance with the flowmaster 40's and res delete? I spent a ton of time researching this topic this winter and some guys claim their cars feel slower with the resonators removed.. some commented there should be no change in performance however others claimed the tq curve would have moved some into higher RPM's. Thanks
Hard to say as around the same time last year I first tried out the Predator tuner and noticed an increase in performance for sure! Just IMO but anything that allows your engine to breathe more freely and vent exhaust better is a Good Thing. There's a reason the racers do it.

Drove my car today for the first time in 4 months, after driving a slow economical car that requires you to mash the pedal to get it to move with any briskness....did that without thinking in the Chally....banged my head off the headrest....it actually startled me as I had forgot what a Hemi can do. :icon_eek: :eyemouth:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm removed the resonators before doing the resonator delete and I noticed no loss in power or changes in torque. I will be adding the 40's this year (I used Hot Rod Scotts for the delete and found them great).

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Solo has the best exhaust for your car and no drone!!! Go to the guys at Mufflerman they will hook you up. They have the best cat back for the rt's

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Installed the CORSA Xtreme cat-back.There were no fitment issues and it went in without a hitch.It is a no drone design.Not overbearing when just cruising in the city but when you mash the pedal it screams with an aggressive in your face note.Check out the video of the CORSA on my car.Use headpnoes for a more accurate listening experience.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I know I always say this but ZOOMERS is the best exhaust IMO for the Challenger (or any LX car for that matter).

Deep muscle car rumble and ZERO drone on the highway (unless MDS kicks on) but I don't have to worry about MDS in the SRT.

Here's a video of theirs from way back when that shows the difference between stock and the Zoomer's cat back (if you have good speakers it's worth it)

Also, here is MY SRT8 SuperBee when it had Zoomers (i'd record a video of my Challenger but I dont have the exhaust installed yet).

I realize these are SRT8's and you have an R/T but if you go on their website or search YouTube they have some newer videos of their cat-back on an R/T.

Sounds AWESOME!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know I always say this but ZOOMERS is the best exhaust IMO for the Challenger (or any LX car for that matter).

Deep muscle car rumble and ZERO drone on the highway (unless MDS kicks on) but I don't have to worry about MDS in the SRT.

Here's a video of theirs from way back when that shows the difference between stock and the Zoomer's cat back (if you have good speakers it's worth it)

YouTube - Zoomers Exhaust/ Dodge Challenger SRT8

Also, here is MY SRT8 SuperBee when it had Zoomers (i'd record a video of my Challenger but I dont have the exhaust installed yet).

YouTube - Zoomers

I realize these are SRT8's and you have an R/T but if you go on their website or search YouTube they have some newer videos of their cat-back on an R/T.

Sounds AWESOME!
Hey Ironside...I see ur still luvin the Zoomers for our Hemis :bigthumb:
Is that what your bolting onto the SRT ?

I came across Solo Performance (vendor here) on another forum (LXF)
and their catbacks for the SRT & R/T sound ok too. A bit raspier than
my Flowmaster 50's IMO.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...t-catback-2008-2010-challenger-srt-8-a-51440/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts