Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I come from an old Dodge/Mopar family and that's why I have a '66 and '67 Charger stored, waiting to be restored.

I drive 70 miles daily, 90% highway, and couldn't resist the deal on a '10 SE with only 15 miles. I'm extremely happy to report that my lowly 250hp V6 is genuinely obtaining fuel efficiency of 24.6 mpg! (I've never had a vehicle before that even came close EPA highway estimates.)

However, the suspension and steering is absolutely horrible - reminds me of my parents Buick. I didn't mind test drives around the city but the highway is a different beast. Very light and floaty, which is a vast difference from my previous sporty 4-bangers.

I've since test driven an R/T Challenger and must say the steering is much heavier and more responsive - 8x better than the SE. I've also test driven an R/T with the $400 Super Track Pack option and it's 10x better than the SE. Unfortunately, it's rare to find that latter one with the STP option and can only come installed from the factory - no dealer install say the dealers.

So now it's Research time:
- what Steering options (factory or aftermarket) are available for my '10 SE, if any
- I've found that the Lil' Hemi with Auto MDS does get mid-20's highway mileage
- I've found the bushings, sway bars, struts, coilovers, springs from Mopar, Pedders, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Eibach, etc. that are available

And then it's Decision time:
- spend a few grand on handling and performance upgrades for my '10 SE
OR
- spend several grand and trade-in/up on a discounted '10 R/T with nice color options
OR
- spend several grand and trade-in/up on a new and cheaper MSRP '11 R/T with the new steering and steering but boring color options

Thanks to anyone with input now, I'm looking forward to my time on this forum.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts