Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only had gnslngr for 16 hours...driving home from work Friday morning about 810am...!!BAM!! fkn rock about 3 inches in diameter hit center windshield. No crack or a chip...but left what looked like etching about 5mm x 3mm. It was so big I actually "tried" to duck...my ears rang for about an hour and a half. I know "IT" happens...but...:cursin:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
ouch..sorry...these are really soft windshields too...I think feathers will chip em

·
Registered
155 Posts
That is a bummer-but I think I'd take a hit to the windshield before one to the center of the hood-if the windshield cracks it can be replaced a bit easier and quicker! (and insurance would cover it!)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I feel your pain. I have had my Challenger RT for over two years now, garage kept, not my daily driver, and I still find chips in the paint on my challenger from rocks and debris from other people's car. I'am one of those people who park in the back in a parking lot from other cars and I still found two small dents in my doors. Its unavoidable and many people out there just dont care. Enjoy your challenger its beautiful

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Only had gnslngr for 16 hours...driving home from work Friday morning about 810am...!!BAM!! fkn rock about 3 inches in diameter hit center windshield. No crack or a chip...but left what looked like etching about 5mm x 3mm. It was so big I actually "tried" to duck...my ears rang for about an hour and a half. I know "IT" happens...but...:cursin:
Another story from my charger: The day after a bad storm, I was driving home from work and a four inch thick tree branch fell on my hood. I thought I hit a cow or something. I really understand how it feels.
Your car is still wicked awesome, though. :)

Posted from a mobile device. Please forgive brevity and occasional typos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.