Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I have been lurking here for 2 years waiting to get my Challenger. Last week we purchased a 2015 Scat Pack Shaker 6 speed car with only 3400 miles on it.
I have added a Mr Norms pistol grip shifter but that is about all so far.
I am a life long Mopar fan and had a 1970 440+6 Roadrunner 4 speed that also had the pistol grip and have wanted to relive those times.
I also had a 1973 340 Challenger and a few turbo Mopars in the late 80s.
I am a big fan of vintage drag racing and build model car replicas of the Pro Stock and Super Stockers of the glory years of Sox & Martin and Dick Landy.
So much so my son is named Ronnie. :)
I am thinking of added drag radials and hitting the test and tune nights as soon as my shifting skills are up to speed.

Thanks for reading.
Roger

Attachments

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
If you are going to be taking your Scat Pack manual to the strip you should check for the clutch delay valve in the clutch line if it has not been removed by the first owner get it out of there other wise you will be wearing out your clutch faster by the clutch slipping more between shifts. Plus it makes speed shifting harder as the clutch does not disengage the instant you floor the clutch pedal. If your clutch has a rubbery push back feel when you push it in fast it is still in there.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
Welcome from California Roger ;) Congrats! :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
1,669 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·