Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Alternative to maggie intercooler tank

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Toxic11 
#1 ·
Just went out to move the car in the garage and I noticed a sweet smell of coolant. Thought it might be the radiator cap again but I noticed coolant dripping under the car. I unbolted the magnuson IC reservoir and sure enough it was wet along the parting line....SOB! Looks like it has been slowly leaking for a while as there is considerable staining arounf the area of the leak. Went to check the level and it is nothing but foam.

Anyone know of an aluminum one besides FIGS ($375) that is a direct replacement? Or heck, anyone running a better set-up?

Was going to contact API since it is still under warranty but considering the hassle I went through getting the correct maggie snout for my year challenger, plus the fact they are under new management, I figured no way am I going through that mess...my blood pressure is high enough as it is.

#2 ·
#3 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChallyTatum
#5 ·
@us1champ

Perfect! I've been looking for a replacement tank and that will work out perfectly! many thanks!

Question, what sort of IAT #'s do you see with the LMI true cold air and this tank?

#7 ·
Give honest I don’t get carried away with iat
Unless you race it is pointless. And also the tru cold air intake is a pain in ass. I have breather prefilter around the filter to keep it clean and pulling the plastic fender well to clean the filter is a joke specially for street driving

And thanks for the compliment on the engine bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Give honest I don’t get carried away with iat
Unless you race it is pointless.

Well when your IAT's are running into the 130's and 140 yeah, if you can keep them at say 80 degrees
that's a huge difference. That's why I was asking because my IAT's creep up fairly high and I was curious
what numbers you see on your setup.

#10 ·
#12 ·
Duh - I don't know why I did not think of this before but the stock HC tank would work. I found one for $40 shipped and what I like about it is that it is translucent so you can actually see the coolant level. It is not as bling as the Canton but requires less modification to the system (need to add a tee on passenger side and union on driver side).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.