Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just found out that i just bought a 150 amp alternator for my 2012 R/T. so ive been doing my research since i found this out and found that r/t's come with 160 amp alternators. will 10 amps make a difference? i am in a unique situation because i am stationed overseas and have to make a an 8 hr drive to another country in a week and a half. i am unable to purchase a new one because it will take an min of 2 weeks to ship here. can anyone shed some light on this. thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
If you don't have heated seats, you might be able to get away with that.

running both heated seats, rear defog & heated mirrors would probably have the highest current draw of accessories running all at once w/ headlights on.

Reactions: BEANSSS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks Hal H. ill on need my headlights for a few hrs in the morning as well as i dont have heated seats

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
Some cars with the cold weather group with heated wheel and seats even had a 180 amp alternator. Don't know if it is used any more, SRT and 392 cars have a 220.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,866 Posts
Some cars with the cold weather group with heated wheel and seats even had a 180 amp alternator. Don't know if it is used any more, SRT and 392 cars have a 220.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Wonder if they need the higher amperage as it takes more amps to crank those higher compression engines?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts