Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
When looking at the recall notice, I see it says that the dealer will inpect the vehicle to see if it has the affected part numbver, and replace if it is.

Does anyone happen to know what part number(s) is/are affected?

·
Registered
534 Posts
When looking at the recall notice, I see it says that the dealer will inpect the vehicle to see if it has the affected part numbver, and replace if it is.

Does anyone happen to know what part number(s) is/are affected?
I asked the dealer that same question six months ago when I got the original "Safety Recall Notice - Incomplete Status - Parts Not Available"....... They said a mechanic will check the numbers when the parts are in and my car is in their shop. I asked if they would give me the numbers and I would look myself to which they replied "um, no..., we're not allowed to do that". Gotta love FCA...., can't live with them/can't live without them. :|

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You mean I may take my car to the dealer, and they may tell me that my alternator is ok and doesn't need replaced? So who do I send the bill to for my time for that? I've had recalls on other vehicles before, but never had one where I went in and then was told "nevermind". I'll have to practice my "serenity now, serenity now, SERENITY NOW" chant.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ya know, I've been driving this car over the speed limit for probably 95% of the miles (9 months a year for 5 years, 65K miles) and multiple trips to Florida and the ONLY speeding ticket I got was coasting down a hill (literally had popped the car into neutral), in a residential area and got nicked doing 32 in a 25. Nice officer Friendly reduced it to 5 over so I got no points, and I paid a $138 to pad the pockets of the local politicians. I figure that for all of the time miles I've spent over the speed limit, $138 dollars as a "Speeding tax, comes out to about $2.25 for every 1000 miles of speeding. I'm pretty ok with that.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I asked the dealer that same question six months ago when I got the original "Safety Recall Notice - Incomplete Status - Parts Not Available"....... They said a mechanic will check the numbers when the parts are in and my car is in their shop. I asked if they would give me the numbers and I would look myself to which they replied "um, no..., we're not allowed to do that". Gotta love FCA...., can't live with them/can't live without them. :|
I'd love to get the part numbers. I have a 2015 pilot car that shouldn't be a part of the recall, but since it was built so early, some of the stuff on the car wasn't quite 2015 specs yet. The car was built in early April of 2014, so I'd really like to make sure it doesn't have one of the questionable alternators.

I have a 2015 Challenger that was built on 4/2014, and a 2014 Ram that was built in 9/2014. Those build dates would usually lead me to guess the model years would be swapped.

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
recalls are usually very specific
Luke

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
there are 4 part numbers associated with this recall, and recall cannot be sold
Luke

·
Registered
488 Posts
I received a notification back in August 2017 from FCA called them and was put on a list to have the part installed when it became available which I had done about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you got a recall in the mail with your VIN # then your alternator is affected and will be replaced…no guess work for a recall. I stopped at a dealer with my recall paper, they got on line, ordered the new alternator and it will be here on weds and I take car in this friday. I had received a notice last year but said parts weren't available yet….then got the 2nd notice last week saying take it to dealer for recall.

·
Registered
2011 Toxic Orange RT
8 Posts
Yep; Just had my 2011 R/T in for the alternator replacement. The "technician" didn't clean up splashed coolant from all over the right side of the engine (removed radiator hose for access), didn't place a wiring harness clip, and, the worst, didn't notice the flashing rear defrost LED. I hate taking my car in......

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yep; Just had my 2011 R/T in for the alternator replacement. The "technician" didn't clean up splashed coolant from all over the right side of the engine (removed radiator hose for access), didn't place a wiring harness clip, and, the worst, didn't notice the flashing rear defrost LED. I hate taking my car in......
Does you car's headlights still flicker when you turn the steering wheel, assuming it did like mine with the electronic assist steering (and your old recalled alternator)?

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
If you got a recall in the mail with your VIN # then your alternator is affected and will be replaced…no guess work for a recall. I stopped at a dealer with my recall paper, they got on line, ordered the new alternator and it will be here on weds and I take car in this friday. I had received a notice last year but said parts weren't available yet….then got the 2nd notice last week saying take it to dealer for recall.
sorry wrong, inspection first

If the part number on the part number tag is xxxxx-0801, xxxxxx-7021,
xxxxxxx-7041, xxxxxxx-7042, xxxxxxxx-7051, or xxxxxx-7052, no further action is
required. Close hood and return the vehicle to the customer.

If the part number on the part number tag is not xxxxxxx-0801, xxxxxxx-7021,
xxxxxx-7041, xxxxxxx-7042, xxxxxxx-7051, or xxxxxxx-7052, replace the
alternator assembly. Continue with Section B. (LD, LX Models with 3.6L
Engine), Section C. (LC, LD, LX Models with 5.7L Engine) or Section D.
(WD, WK Models with 3.6L Engine).

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
however so far approx 90% are getting alternators, we have already done 40 or 50
Luke

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
sorry wrong, inspection first

If the part number on the part number tag is xxxxx-0801, xxxxxx-7021,
xxxxxxx-7041, xxxxxxx-7042, xxxxxxxx-7051, or xxxxxx-7052, no further action is
required. Close hood and return the vehicle to the customer.

If the part number on the part number tag is not xxxxxxx-0801, xxxxxxx-7021,
xxxxxx-7041, xxxxxxx-7042, xxxxxxx-7051, or xxxxxxx-7052, replace the
alternator assembly. Continue with Section B. (LD, LX Models with 3.6L
Engine), Section C. (LC, LD, LX Models with 5.7L Engine) or Section D.
(WD, WK Models with 3.6L Engine).
Is it possible to purchase the new alternator and return the old one for credit? Or get reimbursed for it.
I do not trust the local dealer to remove my supercharger belt tensioner assembly and put it back properly.
I was trying to bring my alternator in while the supercharger was being installed so I asked the service department about it and they did not know what I was talking about.

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
Is it possible to purchase the new alternator and return the old one for credit? Or get reimbursed for it.
I do not trust the local dealer to remove my supercharger belt tensioner assembly and put it back properly.
I was trying to bring my alternator in while the supercharger was being installed so I asked the service department about it and they did not know what I was talking about.
FCA dealers are forbidden to sell recall parts, FCA is very adamant regarding this.....bring us the car and you can watch the tech do it
Luke

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I wish I could bring "you" the car. When I lived in Charlotte, it would have been a no-brainer. Now I live 2,347 miles away, one way. I don't think my local Dealer will be as accommodating. Thanks Luke

·
Registered
2011 Toxic Orange RT
8 Posts
Jim, yes, the headlights still dim slightly as the wheel is turned.
I'm headed back to the dealer tomorrow to have them look at the HVAC issue that occured (evidently as a result of battery disconnect/reconnect) ; we'll see how this is handled.......

·
Vendor
12,070 Posts
I wish I could bring "you" the car. When I lived in Charlotte, it would have been a no-brainer. Now I live 2,347 miles away, one way. I don't think my local Dealer will be as accommodating. Thanks Luke
sorry, sounds like road trip time

Luke>:)

21 - 40 of 60 Posts