Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Jim, yes, the headlights still dim slightly as the wheel is turned.
I'm headed back to the dealer tomorrow to have them look at the HVAC issue that occured (evidently as a result of battery disconnect/reconnect) ; we'll see how this is handled.......
HVAC issue ?? That's what I'm afraid of...., collateral damage from getting the new alternator.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Jim, yes, the headlights still dim slightly as the wheel is turned.
I'm headed back to the dealer tomorrow to have them look at the HVAC issue that occured (evidently as a result of battery disconnect/reconnect) ; we'll see how this is handled.......
What HVAC issue? I saw you mentioned the rear defrost. What else happened?

·
Registered
2011 Toxic Orange RT
8 Posts
Regarding the HVAC issue after alternator replacement, evidently the battery disconnect/reconnect caused a problem with the recirc door. Took it back to the dealer, tech scanned and found code B105C00, cleared it, and did a recalibration. Didn't work; says there is a problem with the door or actuator. It worked just fine prior to this. Coincidence?? So, I'll live with it for now.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Regarding the HVAC issue after alternator replacement, evidently the battery disconnect/reconnect caused a problem with the recirc door. Took it back to the dealer, tech scanned and found code B105C00, cleared it, and did a recalibration. Didn't work; says there is a problem with the door or actuator. It worked just fine prior to this. Coincidence?? So, I'll live with it for now.
See? This is the reason why I'm reluctant to bring my car to the dealer for this "fix" (or any reason). Currently, everything works perfectly on my car and I have become quit fond of that fact. I don't want to start the dealership revolving door scenario having one thing fixed while another is broken. :|

·
Registered
88 Posts
Old alternator has 103K on it.......

Funny thing, my 2012 R/T w/5.7 hemi will have over 104,000 miles on it when I return home from my latest road trip.......appointment already set for the Monday after I return to go collect my free alternator. Not worried here.:smile:
Hope the new one lasts as long as the recalled defective old one has.......

·
Registered
404 Posts
So dealer says they have to do a safety inspection first before doing the alternater recall….the recall is free but am I going to get stuck with a inspection fee now????? The recall notice also said this would have to be done also…what the hell r they looking for?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Wow, you guys actually got notified that they finally got the parts in for this recall. I haven't gotten a thing from them yet. I'll have to keep a close watch on my mail...

You can just run your vin number and see any new info on it…I did just to make sure the mail recall was valid.

·
Vendor
12,085 Posts
So dealer says they have to do a safety inspection first before doing the alternater recall….the recall is free but am I going to get stuck with a inspection fee now????? The recall notice also said this would have to be done also…what the hell r they looking for?
there is no fees, the recall is an inspection first, they verified the date code on the alternator, if the dates are within the recall dates, they replace, if not they return to you
Luke

ps, all recalls are free

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can just run your vin number and see any new info on it…I did just to make sure the mail recall was valid.
Thanks, already did that. I got the original notice last year, just haven't heard a word from them since, (and my car has been at the dealer several times since then.) Can't take it in right now anyway. Car is in the body shop jail for at least another 4 weeks yet.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Took my '12 in this morning for it's new alternator... All seems well. I had over 63K miles on mine before getting the new unit. Hope this one is as good.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mine got completed, a 2014 RT with 15,000 miles…..I feel like I got cheated since some of you had more miles and were probably about due for a new one anyway…LOL

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got 104,113 on mine now, just arrived home from an uneventful 1400 mile road trip.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
412 Posts
Well ...... I have to give FCA kudos for quickly processing my refund for the alternator and battery replacement I paid for on my '11 Challenger R/T Classic back in 2015.

Very easy process of sending a scan of my invoice and payment through the FCA refund website. I'm pretty sure it was less than 30 days to get my refund check.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My alternator failed on my 2011 R/T last year. I was at work and got left stranded after lights flickering, died and no power steering. Called my normal dealer (St. Petersburg) and they would NOT return my call after I left 7 messages. I had already been trying to get it in for an oil change but the express lane was always a 2-3 hour wait. This also screwed me out of my 5th oil change because the "package of 5" expired. I was not happy. Anyway, I digress.

My car was stranded at work for a week. I finally called another dealer (same company in Clearwater) that is closer to where I work. They got me right in and I got the recall alternator installed and had my car the next day.

NOW, I believe my replacement alternator is failing. After I start it up, the idle jumps from 750 to 1000 and I hear a loud whistling noise. After opening the hood the noise seems to be coming from the alternator.

I took it to Clearwater (before I realize it was the alternator) to get a price for a PCV valve and a power steering rack which is leaking. He quoted me $190 for the $40 PCV valve and told me the part alone was $90. So they want to charge me $100 for the 30 seconds it takes to install it?

They also quoted me $1900 for a rack assembly with installation and alignment. I got a quote from my neighborhood car shop for $850 installed and alignment.

Not sure what to do about the alternator. I don't trust any of these dealers now.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I finally took my 2014 Challenger in for the alternator recall and the air bag recall. I have 15,000 miles on it and not a scratch or ding on it. I drove it from the dealer straight home and into the garage.
A couple weeks later I was wiping it down with some spray wax, It has not left the garage, and I found a ding in my passenger door. It had been touched up with White paint. (Not the pearl white paint on my car) I am positive the dealer did this, but after a couple weeks there is no way I can prove it.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
I finally took my 2014 Challenger in for the alternator recall and the air bag recall. I have 15,000 miles on it and not a scratch or ding on it. I drove it from the dealer straight home and into the garage.
A couple weeks later I was wiping it down with some spray wax, It has not left the garage, and I found a ding in my passenger door. It had been touched up with White paint. (Not the pearl white paint on my car) I am positive the dealer did this, but after a couple weeks there is no way I can prove it. View attachment 982740
This is the side of my car before I took it in for the recalls. ^

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
New Alternator some ware under the supercharger pulley.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts