Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like you are always getting someone trying to race when you bring out the Challenger. I had a M6 BMW trying his hardest to get me to race him on the freeway in his daddy's 100k car. First I know he is pushing over 500 hp and would never give him the satisfaction of telling his friends he smoked my bad ace looking modern muscle car:) not but a day or two later had a sleeper G8 do the same thing boy did that Pontiac sound good cammed and exhaust completely debaged blacked out.

·
Premium Member
10,049 Posts
Not worth wrecking the car or losing your license over. Unless there is cash on the line and at the track why bother.

Reactions: PSM450

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yup I know the feeling. Where I live it seems everyone owns an AMG or other fast imports. Just the other day a dude in a Audi SS (IDK the model, but it had SS badges) was revving at a stop light. He had a kid in the damn car and kept staring at my hood. When the light turned he took off and the whine from his blower or turbo was very loud. I wasn't taking a chance on that car, plus the wife was with me. Happens almost daily.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Happens a lot to me too. Mostly from ricers though. They are all talk until you ask them to meet you at the track!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Happens to me on a daily basis. I tend to ignore them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea - I wish there was a universal gesture for "I wasn't trying". I had a guy with all sorts of attitude in a 325i yesterday, and a lady cheering herself in a low end Mercedes recently - both on a congested road that is no place for speeding. I often just pretend I didn't notice.... Maybe I should try conspicuous yawning. (but on the inside - it kills me!)

·
Registered
624 Posts
i tend to ignore them like everyone else...i really dont trust the driving capabilities of a 17 year old when they pull up in their daddy's car. sometimes its annoying...but ehh whatever

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Someone in a f-ugly white Prius V (the wagon) was trying to race off a light on my way to work this morning. When I noticed he was gunning his POS, I depressed the gas another 1/5 of the way and left him behind forever.

Is funny how many of those dorks think those appliances are the sh*t. Either that, or they have absolutely no clue of the kind of power a real car can punch.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Someone in a f-ugly white Prius V (the wagon) was trying to race off a light on my way to work this morning. When I noticed he was gunning his POS, I depressed the gas another 1/5 of the way and left him behind forever.

Is funny how many of those dorks think those appliances are the sh*t. Either that, or they have absolutely no clue of the kind of power a real car can punch.
Maybe he wanted to ask you about your MPG at full throttle at the end of the race and compare it to his.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My license plate has greatly reduced the number of people bothering me. It had gotten to the point that I had some idiot annoying me everytime I took the car out.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Maybe he wanted to ask you about your MPG at full throttle at the end of the race and compare it to his.
LOL!

You know, since they are SO one-dimensional about maximizing MPG, why not do something even better: leave that fridge on wheels in the garage and take the bus!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the exact opposite problem. No one challenges me except a V6 Mustang and that wasn't even fun. I have had people rev their engines in spots that a race could not be attempted (DC rush hour traffic). No one ever wants to play with me :(

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I am SO GLAD I didn't get an A5 or I'd be racing all the time and then the next thing I'd be getting arrested and lose my car.

45 years ago I never passed up an opportunity to race on the street or on the track but today I'm too paranoid I'd miss a gear or something equally stupid.

Reactions: stevec3201

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
my NASA membership is contingent on me having a valid driver's license; no driver's license, no track; period.

i do get the occasional invitation but our new mayor here has engaged the NYPD in collecting the maximum possible paid violation from NYC driver's in order to offset the city's budget

however FEDEX and UPS still owe more than $20m in parking tickets....

i drive all week end long in the 5 boroughs and the Highway Patrol is everywhere; i still have few spots of safe speed bursts but racing another idiot from a red light that is a recipe for disaster, imo;

i did improve on my 60 foot time though or how to reach 40 mph the fastest possible....lol

can't wait for my June track sessions

ODP

·
Registered
161 Posts
That's a good one, I needed a laugh. During my usual commute to work this morning I was driving in the "slow" lane at 65ish mph passing several cars in the "fast" lane. Up ahead in the "fast" lane was one of the stacks of cars that just hog that side of the road. I had just passed a Dart SXT, got about 4 lengths ahead, and we were approaching the stack. Next thing I know the Dart is hauling a$$ trying to get ahead of me to shoot the gap between me and the stack on her side (which was stupid since I was originally going faster and there was no cars behind me). I found it a decent enough excuse to downshift to 4th and allow her to see my SRT8 badges once again. Not really an attempt at a race, but I thought it was close enough. :bigthumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts