Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trading my 2010 challenger Se(44kmi) for a 2014 challenger R/T msrp 32,990

Dealer brought price down to $28,995 & offered $14,700 for my car as a trade in. Keep in mind, I still owe $9,000 left on my Se.

14,000 Difference + Taxes = $16,000 + $9,000 owed : $25,995 for my car + $1,700 for shipping.

Pretty much $27,445 is the total finance price. Dealer should be calling me tomorrow to close the deal.

I am having girlfriend problems too, she thinks I don't care about her and I am sorry but I have not had anything other than my car in my head for the past week. Also I can't stop typing dodge challenger rt etc etc etc on Google and reading, looking at pics of challengers :x

Back to gf, she's also upset I mentioned, "New Car, New Life" ;) so did I get a good deal?

Actually, am I getting a fair deal ?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Why not keep the car you have, slap a S/C on it and spend a little on your G/F instead of getting into more debt... I dunno, if your thinking about trading in for a new G/F then maybe you shouldn't spend any more money on her, but if you care about her, you'll mod the car you have and forget about the R/T... Got to determine, what's more important your G/F or the car... If it's the Car, then you know what you'll do. Me If I spend 100 on a Mod I spend 100 or more on my wife to keep her happy and out of my 'mod' hair.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The girlfriend gets to ride in my new R/T but hmmmm. Very very nice tip and reminder. I just bought a vaccum today and wax and cleaning products for the upcoming r/t

So I am going to go to the mall tomorrow and get her something as a surprise :) <3 a new neklace would be nice :)

Right now, money is most important. I'm only 21, not even. Still a few weeks away.

I turn 21 December 29, its my own birthday present. I deserve it

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
what kind of dealer rebates are going on on challengers right now ? I know there are some on chargers. are you doing the mopar finance or did the dealer find some other place to get you financed. watch what the interest rate is. I was preapproved when I bought mine then got some paper work a week later where the dealer had financed the deal with wells fargo bank, I went crazy in the dealership then. got my paper work and dock fees for free. they get paid to use some finance companys and 19% interest rates. your a young guy, WATCH EM Oh yeah got my loan through my credit union too. dealer didn't want the car back, they fixed it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only $1000 in rebates from dodge in my area. And dealer rebates were already upfront. So didn't need to negotiate much.

Interest rates is 2.9% - I am young but I love being informed and reading. This is why I am one step of the salesman always and they right off the bat can tell I know what I'm doing.

Family loves to take me with them now car shopping after being ripped off the past 2 times getting their cars.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Right now, money is most important. I'm only 21, not even. Still a few weeks away.

I turn 21 December 29, its my own birthday present. I deserve it
You just contradicted yourself, if money is most important why are you going into further debt? It's cheaper to super charge your current SE than buying a new car, and as the other poster stated, what's the interest rate? I could understand it was a money thing if you said you were looking at the SRT and for financial reasons you went with the R/T but...

It's a want, not a need and u want to spend more money on the R/T instead of making a more financial sound judgment of paying off your Se and s/c it.

I'm done, either way enjoy your Se or R/t
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Just reread your post, 1700 shipping ? I say nope to that. is it a special order ? I ve never paid shipping on a car. sometimes get the dock fees free, they wanna sell you a car. wont deal with ya, move on lots of deals out there. take your girl with ya. one ride and she will be helping ya clean and tricking that ride out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Money is my main priority because I am too young to settle an my gf is my best friend. But if I hadn't met her when I did. I wouldn't be with anyone right now and for many years to come.

But why am I getting in debt? Because life is short, I Dont wanna live to 100 bored and ugly. I rather live a shorter and happier life. And a challenger sure sweetens my everyday life.

I work 24/7 around the clock. Whether or not I get the car. I'd still be working 24/7 round the clock. I am still saving money on the side, I came out of big financial holes and have been financially stress free that I don't think it's a bad investment.

I always wanted an r/t but settled in a rush for an se. Now I'm getting an rt and I plan to keep it for many years to come. I really always thought of it that way.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
super charged 6 still wont sound like a stock R/T you know youll do a exhaust too. waste of money to super charge the 6, better off to just up badge the 6 and do some dual exhausts. my dads got a 6 with the old R/T exhaust off my car, sounds pretty good, looks great, did the blasting bobs resonator deletes. made a pretty neat car. but he wishes he had bought a R/T

·
Banned
349 Posts
Go for the car. If the g/f can't accept it, find one that will. Plain and simple. I personally could never live with a women who couldn't accept my car hobby for what it is or had to "get something" every time the car did etc. No way, to me, that is high maintenance. Do yourself a favor now while your young and find a girl who is into to cars as much as you are, life will be much easier and fun in the long run! I am 45 and have a wife who would rather have headers for our R/T than any bracelet, necklace etc. We have been together since we were 17 and she has been a "car girl" from day one. Hence the reason we are still together! LOL

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not to give bad advice, but you got passion man, do what makes you happy. Sometimes that's cars. I know it is with me! Besides, if you don't get the r/t you will always wonder...

Live your life and if its a mistake, at least your young. But financially, your not going upside down so ide say go for it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Get the the car bro dont let a girl tell you what to do if she wad your wife listen to her but dont let her tell you what to do now be smart look around and find an. Srt I got mine for 28k with 26k miles

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Get the car. You will always have girl problems. Its inherit in the system. LOL You are 20 years old, don't settle down too quick. She will either be ok with it or she can move along. The car doesn't complain or give you shit. Besides, she should be happy to ride in the RT or I am sure you can find somebody who will!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is my last girlfriend hands down. If it works out, very good. If it doesn't, even better, ill stay single and have free days to study and get ahead of my school semester.

And I wouldn't get an SRT, I think r/t is the one for me. SRT is too much gas and extra money to the insurance + I am not going to be racing either or going to the track.

Anyways, it's 2am. Time to get up and about with my day. I'll be receiving a call from the dealer anytime in the am to complete the final steps :) I'll post pics when car is delivered no later than Thursday.

Its a phantom black beauty, I need to get her a nice cover for the winter, some leather seat covers or seat covers to protect original and some brand new shoes for myself because all my shoes are old and dirty. A nice carpet for the trunk and I think I should be good for a lil while.

I will need to return here to the community for suggestions on mods that will give my car life expandancy. Not really greedy on the HP since 375 is plenty right there.

& the reason I pay for shipping is because even after shipping, the price still seems like a fair deal. My local car dealers only have msrp R/T $36k+ and sxt for $33k....

And then the ones with minimal features R/T wouldn't give me more than $10-12k as trade in.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
how far are you shipping it? mine came 1300 miles and was about $1200 in a 2 car covered trailer.. took 3 days to get here. good luck with the new R/T ..:)

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would hold off until the hell cat comes out as hope people unload their 392's on the cheap(ha) or the 6.1 (more than likely cheap).
But you came in here 12 hours before the deal is done, so you pretty much knew what you had. Doin this upgrade is just a waste if money for that jump up. What do you REALLY want that your SE doesn't. Surprised you have time to write on here and go to the dealership if you're working 24/7.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts