Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RT, and I have had such a bumpy road with my ownership that I am really in need of some constructive critisism...
I have 2459 miles and have had a pretty cosmetically damaging accident (absolute not my fault but I have shared it in a different thread, thus Ill spare you the pain of my moaning)
why am I under, and please tell me I am not the only one, the impression that our bumpers are not the same color as our body paint? I really could swear that I can notice the shade difference?
not on the black ones, but on my grey I feel as it looks photoshopped?
I also have to admit I am almost sick of my challenger, I bought it with great enthusiasm and loved it all the way, but all the clunking from the trans and squeeks from the dash board, before and after the accident... not to mention the accident.. is really doing some great damage on our love-hate relationship... (still a great ride and its not disappointing any fact that I calculated when I bought it)
I have the two tone seat, and i got to figure out a way to post a pic, but in 60days that white part is just aged 3-4 years (looks wise)... I traded in an european high end sports car, and am not comparing it since that too had its very sharp down falls yet this is a brand new vehicle and it is very shocking to have all this issues diagnosed as "standard" by 3 dealerships... :werd:

am i just to hard on me and my RT?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I don't think the Classics are painted any differant than the others but my DWBP bumpers matches the rest of the car and I have 7500 on mine and don't have squeeks and rattles that your saying the dealerships say are normal and have no clunks from the tranny or rear end. The only thing I had to have fixed after the regular picky stuff you point out when you buy a new car was the trims around both windows cracked and the dealersip replaced them under warranty without question. I don't have white seats but if I did I wouldn't be surprised if they were a pain in the a$$.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I've noticed the shade differences in the DT and HO cars. As far as dash noises and other rattles, no they really aren't normal nor should they be accepted as such by a stealership. It's kind of insulting isn't it, when you pay the money we do for these cars and your complaints aren't taken seriously. I would be disheartened too, but even if I got sick of the car to the point of getting rid of it, I would buy another Challenger and hopefully the next one would be better. Personally, I just don't see myself driving any other car except for maybe a classic. Good luck and hang in there.

Jack

·
Registered
91 Posts
My B5 Srt bumpers do look just a shade darker than the rest of the car, I looked at 5 different B5's and they all were the same. You can only really tell if it is in flourescent light. Sorry your having issues, mine has 1900 miles and it is so tight and quiet I cant believe it.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Paint colors will vary especially when you 2 different materials such as aluminum, rubberized plastic.

As for clunking and squeaks after an accident again this is something that depends on how bad the accident was and where was the point of impact. Unibody construction does not take much to get various parts out of alignment.

The answer of that's normal or standard is a BS answer for:
A - We don't what to fix it.
B - Dodge doesn't want to pay for the fix as probably means replace the part or strip it, epoxy sealer, prime, paint, color sand and clear coat it.
C - Dodge doesn't have a real fix for it and they are not working on one.

My solution - get rid of the car if you can afford it. Why, once your not happy with the car your going find something always wrong with it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
When we bought our challenger last year (first brand new car purchase ever) Dealer told us we had a 12 month/12,000 mile fit and finish warranty or something like that. Made it sound like it was exactly for the types of issues you are talking about, little rattles etc. Get into the service department and tell them flat out that this is unacceptable to you and they need to stand behind their vehicle. If the first guy blows you off then go to the next guy in chain of command. You don't pay 30-40k for a car and let them jerk you around! Hope it all works out well for you, keep us informed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts