Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to take a round trip from Buffalo NY to Goshen IN today to pick up a recently purchased farm tractor and I was amazed, shocked actually to see more Challengers on I-90 than Camaros. I actually counted 6 Challengers and only 2 Camaros during the trip out (forget about Mustangs, their like rabbits). The amazing thing is that the weather wasn't the greatest either. Lake effect snow from NY through PA and into northeast Ohio, with salt all over the place and grey overcast skies the rest of the way to IN. Saw that first Challenger a plum crazy R/T Classic just east of Cleveland OH. Saw several of them around Toledo OH as well and a yet to be produced for consumer purchase 2011 Dodge Durango! I can only speculate that the Chally's around Toledo were probably Chrysler employees or family members from the Toledo Jeep plant, and the Durango was probably a pre-production mule being driven by someone from that plant as well. Anyway it was a great and very surprising Challenger & Durango sighting day today!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
When I got my Challenger a couple months ago mine was the only one around here. Lately I've seen at least 4 on the base I do alot of work at and 3 on I20 between the shop and the base. I thought they all flew down here for the winter. I guess not if your still seeing them that far north.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Do you guys know what this has to do with what were talking about?
Had the browser tabs going with multiple threads and posted the wrong **** in the wrong tab LFMAO! Too bad you can't delete your own post.

·
Registered
348 Posts
On last Wednesday, I drove in my Challenger from Huntsville, AL to the Montgomery, AL area. On my trip I saw a metric sh*t-ton of Mustangs, one new Camaro, two Torred Challengers (at least one SRT) and two brilliant black Challengers (one SRT and one R/T that I had some fun with). As more time goes on, I've been seeing more Challengers on the interstates; I'm wondering if this relates to how comfortable the Challengers are on longer rides as compared to the Camaros? On top of those totals btw, I also saw a fellow Auburn fan in a blue R/T two days later. Quite a total for a few days in AL.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in San Diego and I virtually never see a challenger on the road.. I'd guess I've seen maybe 5 in the past year. Always black or silver. Plenty of mustangs and cameros

Pretentious yuppies out here prefer the status cars... makes them feel successful even if they are not.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Had to take a round trip from Buffalo NY to Goshen IN today to pick up a recently purchased farm tractor and I was amazed, shocked actually to see more Challengers on I-90 than Camaros
Strange - I weekly drive from Rochester to Syracuse on the 1-90, and always see more Camaros than Challengers.

BTW, did you tow the tractor home with the Challenger? j/k

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Strange - I weekly drive from Rochester to Syracuse on the 1-90, and always see more Camaros than Challengers.

BTW, did you tow the tractor home with the Challenger? j/k
No, just a little above the towing capacity of a Challenger. Had to use a 1-ton Ford Super Duty (not mine, I have a Dodge Ram 2500) truck pulling a 5th wheel 30' tandem axle flatbed trailer. Tractor probably weighs about 7500 lbs, trailer is another 6000. Ford has a V10 in it and we got a whopping 6.5 mpg going home loaded!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I drive from NE Indiana to NE Ohio every week on a combination of US 30, I-71, and I-90 and I usually see more Camaros than Challengers. Rarely do I see a 10+ Mustang or even an 05-09 GT. Since June I've only saw one '11 5.0, never seen a SRT8, and have seen several SS/RS Camaros.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I am seeing a lot more Challengers on the road this year. Used to never see them, now see one every now and then. One time actually saw 2 different Challengers on 15 mile commute, that is a first ever.

Dealers started marking Challengers down instead of up has been good for sales. From Chrysler's press release on November sales:

"In November, Dodge Challenger sales increased 22 percent compared to the same month a year ago. The Dodge Challenger muscle car posted a sales increase in every month since March, compared to a year ago."

Here are November and Year To Date (YTD) sales for the Challenger. Up 44% so far for 2010 vs 2009.

Nov 10 Nov 09 YTD 10 YTD 09
Challenger 2,497 2,040 22% 33,461 23,316 44%

Here is the complete release from Chrysler detailing all sales by model:

Chrysler Group LLC Reports November 2010 U.S. Sales Increased 17 Percent -- AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ --

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would want to see what models are causing this increase in sales. If it is the SE than I am suspcious as this is what the Rental companies are now all carrying, and a rental is not the same as Challenger "owners" in my book. When you see a Challenger if you can look in the driver side rear window, if there is a sticker there like a bar code it is a rental.
As was stated earlier in this thread the Challenger is a nice car for a longer drive and MT has stated this in their reviews, so that could be the reason you see more on the Highways. I do beleive the 2011 SE with the 305 HP will sell very well.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts