Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic Motor Oil 0W-40, 1 Quart - Pack of 6 is currently $59.09. There is also a Pennzoil rebate for $2 per quart with $20 maximum rebate. If I recall my price was $9 per quart when I was employed at O'Reilly's. The packaging is a little inconvenient for a car that requires 7 quarts. I decided to get 2 boxes of 6 and hope to find 2 quarts at a reasonable price or another sale before they are needed.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
I like Amazon too but is this for price or convenience? Because that's $9.85 per quart, and believe that's more than dealer list. Last time at dealer I think I paid $8.10.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slidd, 19johned53, Are you sure you purchased Pennzoil Ultra Premium Fully Synthetic 0W-40? Like I said, I worked for a parts store and paid approximately $9 a quart employee price. Store manager checked and O"Reilly's paid more for the oil than you guys did. I just searched the internet , best price I could find was Summit $71 for 6 quarts, Walmart $17.27 for 1 quart. This is super expensive stuff, if you guys got Pennzoil Ultra Premium Fully Synthetic 0W-40 for those prices you got a great deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
Slidd, 19johned53, Are you sure you purchased Pennzoil Ultra Premium Fully Synthetic 0W-40? Like I said, I worked for a parts store and paid approximately $9 a quart employee price. Store manager checked and O"Reilly's paid more for the oil than you guys did. I just searched the internet , best price I could find was Summit $71 for 6 quarts, Walmart $17.27 for 1 quart. This is super expensive stuff, if you guys got Pennzoil Ultra Premium Fully Synthetic 0W-40 for those prices you got a great deal.
Yepper, Pennz Ultra fully synthetic 0-40 with the SRT on it. The real deal. Pricing has been coming down over the last three years. FWIW, my dealer was getting the yellow bottles while most other outlets were still selling the black bottles.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Of course.

And I don't understand everyone looking for a place to buy it other than their dealer. These prices out there from other places are higher than the dealer, heck I might go to my dealer and stock up then sell them on Ebay and make a buck or two.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course.

And I don't understand everyone looking for a place to buy it other than their dealer. These prices out there from other places are higher than the dealer, heck I might go to my dealer and stock up then sell them on Ebay and make a buck or two.

I have never equated "Dealer" and "Best Price". I guess I learned something today. I think I looked everywhere except dealers. Interesting that they are selling it for less than a major retailers purchases price. Also interesting that Walmart price is more than double what you guys paid at your dealer.

·
Registered
9,009 Posts
I like Amazon too but is this for price or convenience? Because that's $9.85 per quart, and believe that's more than dealer list. Last time at dealer I think I paid $8.10.

Double checked my last dealer receipt, and the Pennz list was $8.10/quart. I paid $7.49/quart.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just did an oil change this month and I was 1 qt short and no one carries it local except the dealer. I had to pay $18 for that 1 qt at the dealer in Olympia WA or order another case from Amazon.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Damn is that oil expensive!! I just checked Walmart and it's $17 per quart for 0W-40 - but 5W-30 is only $25 for 5 quarts (both Pennzoil Ultra Platinum).

·
Registered
176 Posts
What I find most interesting about these prices is that dealers have express lane coupons for $89 oil change that only include 5 quarts of full synthetic. I don't recall if it says how much extra each quart is.

Even more strange than that is the fact I received an email with coupon that was identical right down to the code number on it but with a $59 price.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It depends on a dealer also. I been charged quoted 59-129.

The 59 I don't trust that dealer they used Mobile 1 when they charged me 89 once after they told me it's the penzoil ultra.

When they gave me the 59 price I was are you sure they where like yes, so not sure they know them self lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I just did an oil change this month and I was 1 qt short and no one carries it local except the dealer. I had to pay $18 for that 1 qt at the dealer in Olympia WA or order another case from Amazon.
Two dealers near me, including the one I bought my Scat Pack from, want $18.15 per quart.

Stopped checking dealers after that. Maybe I need to search again.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The one from eBay is still selling. Seems 4 is the most you can buy as for at a time.

I got 6 oil changes now lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
DOM71
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing