Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have amber fog lights, since the factory ones are a bit yellow compared to the HID headlights, plus the '71 Challenger had them. Does anyone know if they are available, and a part number? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,881 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks A Guy.

I'm looking for a direct replacement, and don't want to deal with the anti-flicker modules. I've read several bad reviews on them.

Also don't want to order who-knows-what from China. I'd rather purchase from a reputable source.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,881 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
Thanks A Guy.

I'm looking for a direct replacement, and don't want to deal with the anti-flicker modules. I've read several bad reviews on them.

Also don't want to order who-knows-what from China. I'd rather purchase from a reputable source.

I have a set of diodedynamics yellow fog lights with the anti-flicker. I have been running them as my DRLs for 7 months, no issues and they are significantly brighter than stock. If I were to do it all over I would have stuck with the white fog light....the yellow does not come close to matching the '15 amber lights. Basically the yellow version has tinted yellow glass around the LEDs so I guess with some care it can be removed to get white?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,881 Posts
I'm no prude, but I gave up on that video when the guy felt the need to use $#*& and $!(^ every other word. Is he trying to sound tough? Just sounds childish to me. A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
I have a set of diodedynamics yellow fog lights with the anti-flicker. I have been running them as my DRLs for 7 months, no issues and they are significantly brighter than stock. If I were to do it all over I would have stuck with the white fog light....the yellow does not come close to matching the '15 amber lights. Basically the yellow version has tinted yellow glass around the LEDs so I guess with some care it can be removed to get white?
Well it has been almost 2 years since I had installed the DD XML2 yellow LED fog lights and they both are dead. I noticed they stopped working at our company picnic car show but did not get to test them until now. When I plug them to a 12V DC supply all I hear is what sounds like a fan kicking on in the base of the bulb. Just sent DD an email for replacements as they are covered under a 3 year warranty. BTW if you try to submit an RMA be aware that they updated their site so all your order history will be wiped out. You apparently have to call to get your old order number. It must have been over this past year as I literally sent an RMA 10/17/2017 for a replacement LED bulb for my JGC. Fortunately I saved my order email.

While I wait for the replacement LED fog lights. I decided to order and try the yellow HID fog lights which just arrived today. The plan was to use one kit on the challenger and the other on my Liberty. So I go to plug them in and only one of the bulbs lights up...really!?. :soapbox: Bulbs are fine but one of the ballasts is bad and the ballast that is bad happened to have a loose washer rattling in the box it came in. Upon closer inspection of the bad ballast, it looks like it was previously installed at one point as the optional ground wire, ring terminal is scratched like it had been screwed onto a surface. The other ballast ground ring did not have such scratch marks, nor did it have a washer floating around in the box. Now comes the most frustrating part...the waiting. :frown:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,561 Posts
Just an update. I will say one thing for DD, they are prompt in resolving customer issues. I received the replacement SLF bulbs (leadtime can be several weeks for the yellow version) and ballast for the HID fog lights in the same week I submitted the RMAs. Visually the HID fog lights appear brighter than the LEDs but they do take a while to reach max lumens. As they warm up they go from a greenish tint to a solid yellow. DD offered to take the HIDs back but I decided to just keep both the SLF and HIDs. BTW the SLF design looks more robust than the XML2 which had little fans built into the base. Also the SLFs don't use the coated glass tube and are just as bright as the XML2s were. It's nice to have the yellow fogs up and running as my DRLs again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts