Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want a brighter looking DRL for my 13 R/T, want it to look meaner, but not TOO bright just brighter than the stock amber halogen bulbs you get with 2013 R/Ts

Any amber LED DRL brand bulbs recomended?

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
If you are talking about replacing the 3057/4057 incandescent bulbs with LED equivalents, I think you will have trouble finding a brighter LED equivalent that is relatively affordable. I replaced the turn signal/parking light bulbs (which do double duty as DRLs if that option is activated) in my 2011 Challenger with some LEDs (to sync them up with some more amber LEDs I put in the hood scoops), and I found them to be barely as bright as the incandescent bulbs I was replacing.

Also, you will need to wire up some inline resistors in the bulbs’ wiring harnesses to prevent the hyperblink condition when using the turn signals. That’s not terribly difficult, but it is an extra effort and expense that should be accounted for when planning this out.

Anything CREE in the LEDs should be good to go, but they can get expensive for the really good ones. You’ll just have to do a bunch of reading I suspect to get an idea of how many lumens you’ll need to equal the current bulbs’ output. Then shop the available LEDs with at least that amount of output and see if they’re worth it for you.

Ultimately it won’t be a simple task to find suitable replacements I suspect though. I know it wasn’t several years ago when I was trying to find some good ones. Maybe things have changed though...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wont Canbus LED fix the hyper flashing?

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts