Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Octane Red Scatpack 2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone I'm From the philippines i have a Octane Red Scatpack challenger 2019 model
i was wondering about how to enable the amber eyes or a way to do this(i know about the daytime running light settings but there is no option for it)
I have tried messing with the settings a couple of times i couldn't find any option to enable it.
Also if as much as possible for no aftermarkets lights
. Thank you for your replies

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
345 Posts
Interesting. My 2019 does have that setting on the page to turn the DRLs on or off. If you do a search for DRL on the forum you will find tons and tons of people on either side. The answer to your question appears to be that this feature was set not to show on your car and can appear after modifying the programming. Either you would have to take it to a dealer or buy the programmer yourself, which I am guessing is not cheap.

·
Registered
Octane Red Scatpack 2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. My 2019 does have that setting on the page to turn the DRLs on or off. If you do a search for DRL on the forum you will find tons and tons of people on either side. The answer to your question appears to be that this feature was set not to show on your car and can appear after modifying the programming. Either you would have to take it to a dealer or buy the programmer yourself, which I am guessing is not cheap.
yeah been trying to search forum all i see was people asking how to enable it couldn't find one with the same post
i have tried bringing it to my dealer they told me it could void the warranty and they know there should be an option to do so will check other dealer by next week but
i did come cross with a guy who told me he had the same issue but didn't remember how he enable it

·
Registered
16,102 Posts
Hello Everyone I'm From the philippines
That's your problem right there, for whatever reason many export cars have the DRLs disabled and not sure how to get them back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Octane Red Scatpack 2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's your problem right there, for whatever reason many export cars have the DRLs disabled and not sure how to get them back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
yeah weirdly most asian countries have those amber eyes just couldnt understand why disable their features on the first place we only get white halos sadly.. trying to find a bypass for it.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
345 Posts
According to ChallyTatum, it is an option if you get a Tazer and I believe him... but that is questionable as to whether or not it using a Tazer can void your warranty. Also, the answer is fairly simple and a dealer should do it for free with no issues.

The dealer only needs to go in with their computer, I guess it is called StarConnect, and set that option to on. If someone is telling you it will void the warranty immediately stop talking to them as they are a complete moron and you are getting stupider just by being in their presence. All they are doing is flipping an electronic switch saying yes or no to show a menu on UConnect. It is like Apple saying your 2 day old phone's warranty is void because you changed the background.

·
Registered
Octane Red Scatpack 2019
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to ChallyTatum, it is an option if you get a Tazer and I believe him... but that is questionable as to whether or not it using a Tazer can void your warranty. Also, the answer is fairly simple and a dealer should do it for free with no issues.

The dealer only needs to go in with their computer, I guess it is called StarConnect, and set that option to on. If someone is telling you it will void the warranty immediately stop talking to them as they are a complete moron and you are getting stupider just by being in their presence. All they are doing is flipping an electronic switch saying yes or no to show a menu on UConnect. It is like Apple saying your 2 day old phone's warranty is void because you changed the background.
will try going to a different dealer to see thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
25,756 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) One of our members KWSPWB had the same issue, after playing around, he managed to get them turned on finally. I can't remember, but believe it may have been AlfaOBD. Hopefully he'll see this and reply

A Guy

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Registered
29 Posts

I agree with the above. My previous car had the option to not have a uconnect touch screen, so there was no way to do any of the lighting options, or many of the options we all see in the settings in uconnect. The only way to change those (other than a scan tool that could do it) was go to the dealer and have them turn it on or off. There will be no voiding of warranty happening, you are not "modding" the vehicle, all you are doing is turning on a setting that has for some reason been disabled for you in the user settings. They probably have software versions that are specific to out of US locations, and have DRL option set to off there. Maybe due to some legalities around having them on stock, or in certain areas. If it was a problem for them, I can understand why they remove the entire setting so they simply cannot be sued or something because of different regulations.

Check around at different dealers and just ask for the option to be turned on. Hope they can help out! Or maybe give you a better reason on why it's off in your settings / why they "can't" turn it on for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts