Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I'm the new owner of a 2016 Challenger SRT 392, got a great deal on a low mileage car. Love my new car, but I have found a little detail that puzzles me. The ambient light dimmer does absolutely nothing. No matter how far I rotate it up or down, there is no visible change in any of the interior lighting at night. It all functions, but I can't increase or decrease the brightness.

Any ideas? Maybe a bad fuse somewhere?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Greetings. I'm the new owner of a 2016 Challenger SRT 392, got a great deal on a low mileage car. Love my new car, but I have found a little detail that puzzles me. The ambient light dimmer does absolutely nothing. No matter how far I rotate it up or down, there is no visible change in any of the interior lighting at night. It all functions, but I can't increase or decrease the brightness.

Any ideas? Maybe a bad fuse somewhere?

I thought the same thing. Look at the footwell lighting. It's very subtle but it's there. Pointless really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,564 Posts
it affects the lighting in the footwells (front) and backlighting on interior door release handles - blue color LEDs

the IP dimmer affects the IP cluster, radio, console cup holders, HVAC controls along with the lighting in the media hub and power port inside console.

when the doors are open, there's different lights in the footwell (brighter / warmer color) and the courtesy lights on bottom of doors along with the front map lights, rear headliner lights.

When ignition is on, the door switches (windows, locks, mirrors) light up, no dimming function on those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts