Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just recently purchased a used 2010 FF Challenger R/T and the ambient lights in the door handle are not on (working?). The previous owner may have modified this or perhaps a bulb(s) is out....

I still have a factory warranty but to save face at the dealership, I thought I would start here to get some feedback first.

Is there a on /off setting for the ambient lights (door)?

Any information would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Newbie R/T owner ;)

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Ambient light in the door handle? Never seen our heard of that on our cars...

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Mine has it in believe in 2010 it was an option.

Sent from my HTC Rezound with the AutoGuide App.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has it in believe in 2010 it was an option.

Thank you. Yeah my friends 2010 R/T has it. My FF R/T Classic has everything else...:(

I'll have to look into getting the lighting installed /fixed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure they are either in there and malfunctioning or were purposely take out. My FF has them and its not an option on the build sheet, should be standard equipment on the2010.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thank you. That's what I figured. I have a lot of upgrades on my FF and so I thought it strange that a basic was not equipped. I am going to swing by the dealer and see what's up :)

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I agree .. my 2010 RT has them and I was told its standard and Its not on the build sheet

Reactions: FuriousBetty

·
Registered
39 Posts
it is standard my 2011 has it. i recently had my right door panel replaced under warranty due to a defect in the leather. when the new one was reinstalled it came without a light, upon further investigation i found a 'blank',where the light is supposed to be just above the door handle in the 'pocket' where you open the door. i popped it out to find an electrical connector plugged into the 'blank' where the light is supposed to be. that connection completes the wireing circut that lights the window switches etc.i looked at the drivers side and it' s l. e. d. not a bulb. so feel or look at the area where the light is supposed to be if you see or feel a small hole then you have an inoperable light if you see or feel nothing the car came without it and you can easily change it over

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
My 2012 doesn't have it. Is it something you have to activate? I don't even know how to tell if it does or not.....

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
2012 what and which package, I believe it's a "premium" feature

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Ah, I have a base model R/T

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it is standard my 2011 has it. i recently had my right door panel replaced under warranty due to a defect in the leather. when the new one was reinstalled it came without a light, upon further investigation i found a 'blank',where the light is supposed to be just above the door handle in the 'pocket' where you open the door. i popped it out to find an electrical connector plugged into the 'blank' where the light is supposed to be. that connection completes the wireing circut that lights the window switches etc.i looked at the drivers side and it' s l. e. d. not a bulb. so feel or look at the area where the light is supposed to be if you see or feel a small hole then you have an inoperable light if you see or feel nothing the car came without it and you can easily change it over
Thank you! I looked on both sides and there is a small hole wear a light should be. My guess is that the previous owner had them removed or "unplugged". I am going to see if I can connect it or swing by the dealer ;)..Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
16,322 Posts
Hello All,

I just recently purchased a used 2010 FF Challenger R/T and the ambient lights in the door handle are not on (working?). The previous owner may have modified this or perhaps a bulb(s) is out....

I still have a factory warranty but to save face at the dealership, I thought I would start here to get some feedback first.

Is there a on /off setting for the ambient lights (door)?

Any information would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Newbie R/T owner ;)
The other tell-tale if you have Electronics Convenience Group (this was optional on '09-'10 R/T, std. on SRT8)
*steering wheel controls
*lighted cupholders in console
*light interior door release handles
*push-button start

(the above were a portion of the ECG features) and lighted door handles are part of the package.
Image below of what lighted cupholders, door handle lights look like.

The lighted door handles illuminate whenever the ignition is on - not whether headlights are on:

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The other tell-tale if you have Electronics Convenience Group (this was optional on '09-'10 R/T, std. on SRT8)
*steering wheel controls
*lighted cupholders in console
*light interior door release handles
*push-button start

(the above were a portion of the ECG features) and lighted door handles are part of the package.
Image below of what lighted cupholders, door handle lights look like.

The lighted door handles illuminate whenever the ignition is on - not whether headlights are on:
I have the push button start, lighted cupholders, and steering wheel controls....so my car must have the lighted interior door handles. I am going to run by the dealer this week and see what's up.

Thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
....so check this out

I go to my dealer and they tell me that the illuminated door handles in not an option on my car '2010 FF Challenger R/T Classic'. I inform the service manager that I had done extensive research on my vehicle and that I was certain that my car was equipped. They shunned me and proceeded to tell me that my R/T did not have the option. I demanded a copy of the report and drove home. When I had a chance to review the paperwork I discovered that, not only did my Challenger come equipped with illuminated door handles but it was STANDARD, not an option (ps..this is what my research confirmed). I called the dealer and gave them the computer code of the standard option. Now here is the funny part....The service manager "back peddled" and tried to explain the overlook.

...long story short....

There was no mechanic on-site that knew how to fix this issue. I called Dodge directly and now there is cooperate wide investigation about the ever so simple illuminated door handle lights because apparently NO ONE at Dodge knows how to rectify this problem. Not to mention..someone at cooperate is feeling pretty bad about not including this in the manual lol.

I am waiting for a phone call with an answer. Dodge has, however, called me every day that this issue was brought to there attention. They have been very supportive as far as customer service...I cannot wait until the "Star Mechanics" figure this one out...uh

·
Super Moderator
16,322 Posts
There's a separate connector for the (inside) door handle release lever lighting.

It will light up with ignition switch on just like the power window, power lock buttons do.

I wonder if these were either not connected during assembly or if the door panels had been removed to service something (like cracked window sweep trims) that required removing the door trim panels.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts