·
Registered
4,799 Posts
:::stamps foot impatiently:::

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Updated original post with pictures installed. Let me know if you guys have any questions. The fit and finish is absolutely phenomenal. It looks stunning in person.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
It looks great with your white/black theme car!! Well done! I may have the whole fuel door in PCP color to replace that black fuel door which sticks out like a sore thumb.

Pfft, I don't see the dirty car! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Great [White Car]
You had to show off your new fuel door, You made me spend $$$.
I found the same item on the SpeedLogix site.
They have a sale going on for Memorial Day.
I ordered one for my HELLCAT.
I am going to try going with both parts in the same color as the car to see how well it can blend in and hide.
It will have the HELLCAT logo before paint.
Can you tell us what you had to do for the change over?

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
Great [White Car]
You had to show off your new fuel door, You made me spend $$$.
I found the same item on the SpeedLogix site.
They have a sale going on for Memorial Day.
I ordered one for my HELLCAT.
I am going to try going with both parts in the same color as the car to see how well it can blend in and hide.
It will have the HELLCAT logo before paint.
Can you tell us what you had to do for the change over?
I will keep an eye on yours if you get to order your fuel door in one color to see how it turns out. :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Updated original post with pictures installed. Let me know if you guys have any questions. The fit and finish is absolutely phenomenal. It looks stunning in person.
I have a couple of questions.. It looks flush. How does it open? Do you push on it and it releases? The color of the black ring. Is it really glossy or more satin? I'm looking for more of a satin finish to match my car. I sent them a email but I'm sure it will be a few days before they get back to me with the holiday and all. After ordered how long did it take to get? I really like the looks . I'm going to do destroyer Gray hopefully with a Satin black ring with the hellcat logo. I'm leaning towards engraving before the paint. My car has the Satin black hood that's why I was hoping for the ring to match. They give you 3 black options but I think they're all glossy?

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I went with the REDLINE RED for the whole thing.
My cat to has the black hood and rear spoiler and wheels, to me that's plenty black, hopefully the new fuel door will just blend in and all you see is car color.
I did notice in the video you just push on one end of the door and it pops open.
Funny how the video says just to reach up between the fender liner, I bet you have to remove some thing to have that move down to gain access to the clips.
I will post pics when mine comes in.

·
Premium Member
3,695 Posts
As seen at Spring Fest in March. Really nice guys, willing to work with you to get you exactly what you want. Give therm a call!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
Can't tell if I'd like this better. I'd get all black (surprise) with Challenger Script before paint. But the fuel door I have now adds something to the look of the car. The smooth black door may just disappear, so to speak. Hoping someone who does all one color posts some pics. A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
641 Posts
Looks great, didn't even notice the car was dirty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a couple of questions.. It looks flush. How does it open? Do you push on it and it releases? The color of the black ring. Is it really glossy or more satin? I'm looking for more of a satin finish to match my car. I sent them a email but I'm sure it will be a few days before they get back to me with the holiday and all. After ordered how long did it take to get? I really like the looks . I'm going to do destroyer Gray hopefully with a Satin black ring with the hellcat logo. I'm leaning towards engraving before the paint. My car has the Satin black hood that's why I was hoping for the ring to match. They give you 3 black options but I think they're all glossy?
You do push on the door and it releases. It is a gloss black on the ring. And what you are seeing is engraving before the paint. And the door sits very flush with the car, looks very very good in person.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
The Cats Door

I will keep an eye on yours if you get to order your fuel door in one color to see how it turns out. :)

OK, first thing, when you order this item, don't be in a hurry, mine took about 3 weeks from order to my door.
The change over took maybe 10 min. watch the video first, I jacked up that side of the car to make it easier for me to get my hand up to do the unsnapping.
The paint match [RedLine Red was/is Perfect]
I think the whole new door is.......frikin awesome... see photo's.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts