Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried American racing mufflers or cat back exhaust? I currently have a Flowmaster set up and the drone at 80 mph is too much to handle. I’m looking for something that’s more quiet and no drone.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,922 Posts
I've used ARH full system exhausts from engine to tail piece on two cars now. The first was on my '06 Mustang GT and the second was my '11 Challenger SRT. Both cars sounded awesome and ran great. The Mustang was dynotuned, but at the time I had the SRT, the PCM hadn't been cracked yet so I didn't tune it. As a result, the check engine was on the entire time. It ran fine and sounded fantastic (even a state trooper complimented me on it). There was zero drone on either car, so I wouldn't worry about that. I had catted systems which I strongly recommend since this helps prevent drone and excessive exhaust fumes. My main advice is make sure you have a tuner in mind that really knows what he's doing, otherwise the check engine light will definitely be on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts