Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the AR Torque thrust or Boss 338's will clear the brembos on the SRT8. I'm looking to do wheels and wondering. Also, My SRT8 is lowered 2" all around, so would a 10" wide wheel with a 295 be a problem? The stock 20's are tucking about 1/4" into the wheel well. Thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm wanting to know the same thing. I'm looking at the boss 336 wheels . Is there a retail location we can go see the wheels in person ?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Backspace and offset will be a factor in clearing the Brembos on 20" rims. I put Cragar SS 610Cs on my SRT8 (20 x 9 all around). 5.5 inch backspace and 13mm offset - clears as well as the stock Alcoas. The style/design of the 338s and Torque Thrusts are very similar to the Cragar SS 610Cs I have, so check out the specs as to what they offer in backspace/offset.

Also search the forum for SRTs with 338s and Torque Thrusts - that would be good proof they clear the Brembos.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I do not believe the 338's will fit...I own an SE and when I ordered them from America's tire the guy had to call and ask if I had an SRT because they would not fit...not sure what the off set and everything was...hope that helps a little...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Boss 338 as of now DO NOT fit SRT8. AEWC is supposedly redesigning to fit more applications including SRT8 and Camaro SS.

·
Registered
532 Posts
NO... The air valve is in the center of the wheel and will hit the caliper.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I do not believe the 338's will fit...I own an SE and when I ordered them from America's tire the guy had to call and ask if I had an SRT because they would not fit...not sure what the off set and everything was...hope that helps a little...
you said you got them for an se? which wheel and size/offset and such did you end up getting? i have a redline 3 and am looking at the regular boss's but those black ones are really sharp

·
Registered
846 Posts
you said you got them for an se? which wheel and size/offset and such did you end up getting? i have a redline 3 and am looking at the regular boss's but those black ones are really sharp
I did not pick I just ordered them...I have the front two and they are 20x8.5 bolt pattern 5 on 115mm back bore size 82.80mm and offset 14mm I will have the rears which are 20x10's tomorrow, so ill list those specs tomorrow...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts