Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just put on one and I gotta tell you AWESOME SOUND. No drone at all. Semi quiet at idle and loud at wot. I had windows up and down and could not get any drone. I even tried to create it and certain rpms and couldn't. I got a great price of $549 shipped. Car sounds and drives like a real musclecar now

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 1320, high octane red, Race Stars and Mickey Thompson et rs, hurst shifter.
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm so glad I didn't get force 2 because it would have been 2 quiet. The sound clips on you tube doesn't give it its best sound I think some noises are inaudible to microphone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love the American Thunder system. However, there is a bit of drone with the American Thunder system on my automatic, and not just in MDS mode. Thankfully, the drone is minimal enough that lining my trunk with a $30 roll of reflectix was enough to get rid of it completely. Now, I just hear the wonderful sound of the exhaust.

On that point, I wouldn't mind it being a bit louder at idle. It's still a bit too quiet for my liking when sitting at a stop light, but maybe I'm just "that guy" and need to deal with it. :) That being said, we did just take her through a fairly long tunnel the other day and I managed to do a couple of WOT pulls in 2nd gear and holy crap it sounds freaking amazing. I couldn't stop grinning for the rest of the ride.

Reactions: hemi leadsled

·
Registered
957 Posts
lots of drone (and i mean lots) with the american thunder system on my auto r/t. I get the feeling that it sounds a ton better on the manuals. All good though, i ended adding a couple of glasspacks on the back and its pretty damn good now. Also it brought back some of my low end power with the added restriction the glasspacks give

1 - 8 of 8 Posts