Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
America finally has a car that can duel with a Bugatti- the 1,200 hp./1,155 lb./ft. Venom GT.

Henessey took an LS2 6.2 Corvette engine and added twin ceramic-bearing turbos, CNC-ported cylinder heads, dished aluminum pistons, H-beam steel rods, steel crank, billet main bearing caps, 96 lb//hr. fuel injectors with twin Bosch in-tank pumps, etc. Along with all that, it has a Ricardo 6-speed manual transaxle, Quaife limited-slip differential, 15-inch vented/drilled carbon-ceramic floating discs & 6-piston calipers, Michelon Pilot Sport PS2 335/30ZR-20 tires, and more.

What does all of this produce?

0-60 mph- 2.5 sec.
0-200 mph- 15.9 sec.
Top speed- 272 mph. :jawdrop:

At what cost?

Only $895,000- about 20 Challenger SRTs.

I wonder if Jay Leno would be interested?

·
Registered
410 Posts
America finally has a car that can duel with a Bugatti- the 1,200 hp./1,155 lb./ft. Venom GT.

Henessey took an LS2 6.2 Corvette engine and added twin ceramic-bearing turbos, CNC-ported cylinder heads, dished aluminum pistons, H-beam steel rods, steel crank, billet main bearing caps, 96 lb//hr. fuel injectors with twin Bosch in-tank pumps, etc. Along with all that, it has a Ricardo 6-speed manual transaxle, Quaife limited-slip differential, 15-inch vented/drilled carbon-ceramic floating discs & 6-piston calipers, Michelon Pilot Sport PS2 335/30ZR-20 tires, and more.

What does all of this produce?

0-60 mph- 2.5 sec.
0-200 mph- 15.9 sec.
Top speed- 272 mph. :jawdrop:

At what cost?

Only $895,000- about 20 Challenger SRTs.

I wonder if Jay Leno would be interested?
I believe it was featured on Jay Leno's Garage with Hennessey himself speaking about it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It beats the Veyron Super Sport's top speed of 258 mph. It's also a lot cheaper, as the Super Sport goes for close to $2.5 million.

It's recommended that you change the Super Sport's tires after 10K miles. Cost: $42,000 a set. It's also recommended that the wheels be changed on the third tire swap. Cost: $69,000 a set. Cost for clear-coating: close to half a million.

I think I'll have to pass on getting a Super Sport - a little over my budget.

·
Premium Member
7,296 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts