Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
There are many other options out there besides them. I suppose it depends what you are looking for. Larry is very good, but if you would like some unbiased options, check out Obsessed Garage. He doesnt favor one brand over another, he tests and uses different ones and then sells the ones he likes the most. Dude is super OCD so whatever he is recommending usually is way above and beyond. I think Ammo makes decent stuff, but you can get similar products for much less.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are many other options out there besides them. I suppose it depends what you are looking for. Larry is very good, but if you would like some unbiased options, check out Obsessed Garage. He doesnt favor one brand over another, he tests and uses different ones and then sells the ones he likes the most. Dude is super OCD so whatever he is recommending usually is way above and beyond. I think Ammo makes decent stuff, but you can get similar products for much less.
Hey buddy I appreciate your response. I’m interested in Larry’s stuff because of his approach. Clean it, dry it, layer it. Basically his approach is to clean it, decontaminate the paint, 1-2 layers of reflex, then skin, then creme. Is there an equivalent product for layering?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys,

Hoping to revive this thread. Still haven't pulled the trigger on anyone's products and hoping to find something to use. Looks like Ammo NYC doesn't have any exterior products available right now. I've been reading a lot about Adams Polishes and Chemical Guys. Anyone have any experience with either of those at all? Any help would be appreciated. I want to wash it and then start layering on protective layers.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
My only experience with both companies was positive.

I have used The Chemical Guys "Jet seal". It's a bit pricey, but it does last. Of course, I'm one of those guys that would be having angst if I didn't wax my car for more than a couple of months. :nerd:

The only product I have use from Adams is the VRT. I use it on my tires and all the plastic exterior trim. If you are a recent Challenger owner, pay attention to that black trim around the tail lights. The sun will suck the life out of it and make it dull. The Adams VRT keeps it as good as new.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,134 Posts
I use the leather cleaner and conditioner from Jay Leno's garage and it works Great!

The cleaner is made from oranges and it's not only a green product, but it doesn't have a chemical smell.

My Wife has chemical sensitivities to smells and it doesn't bother her when I use it. That's a good sign, especially for something that works.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
Made from oranges, and it's green? I'm confused >:)

A Guy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts