Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger RT Octane Red
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone, has anyone mounted an amp in this spare tire location yet, was digging for some pictures but didn't see anything?

Any thoughts on putting it in that spot?

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,513 Posts
Yes, many have. Do an advanced search limited to the electronics sub-forum and use the keywords “spare tire well“, and I bet you‘ll get some hits back

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have most of my gear installed there (everything besides my PAC AmpPro 4, which I have installed above where the pedals are up front):

Location works really well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have most of my gear installed there (everything besides my PAC AmpPro 4, which I have installed above where the pedals are up front):

Location works really well.
nice looking install, my charger had the spare so i didn't even think of putting in it when i had it, this is going to look so much cleaner!. while nothing crazy, i'll have this plugged into it

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
nice looking install, my charger had the spare so i didn't even think of putting in it when i had it, this is going to look so much cleaner!. while nothing crazy, i'll have this plugged into it
View attachment 994679

10” sealed?

Put it against the rear seat facing backwards and get the phase right. That’s the best configuration you can do for that. Oh yeah, and amp the hell out of. 150% the sub’s RMS would be my starting point for an amp’s RMS output rating

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10” sealed?

Put it against the rear seat facing backwards and get the phase right. That’s the best configuration you can do for that. Oh yeah, and amp the hell out of. 150% the sub’s RMS would be my starting point for an amp’s RMS output rating
Krap, just noticed that stock pic didn't have the port, mines ported, i need to get a bigger amp put on it, it only has a cx300

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Krap, just noticed that stock pic didn't have the port, mines ported, i need to get a bigger amp put on it, it only has a cx300
Ported will help, make sure to get an amp with a subsonic filter if you plan on pushing the sub hard.

Also, same position and direction is recommended for the ported sub, but the power requirement isn’t as high as for the sealed in the same setup.

·
Premium Member
6,513 Posts
Reactions: theonlypun

·
Registered
12 Posts
Everyone, has anyone mounted an amp in this spare tire location yet, was digging for some pictures but didn't see anything?

Any thoughts on putting it in that spot? View attachment 994673
Aren't you worried about overheating? That's an insulated storage space with no air flow... or did you have plans for that? No amp will last in that oven.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Aren't you worried about overheating? That's an insulated storage space with no air flow... or did you have plans for that? No amp will last in that oven.
I've had my JL Audio XD600/6v2 amp (and Helix DSP) installed there for a while now. Believe it or not, these modern class-D amps run so cool that heat isn't a concern at all in there. The amp barely gets warm - even in the summer heat. Granted, it's only 75W x 6 RMS, but still - I won't hesitate to put modern class-D amps in there at all.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
433 Posts
I'm running both of my amps on the back of the back seats. JL500(sub) on the left and JL360/4 on the right. I will say it's a pain whenever I accidently close the trunk when the battery's disconnected, that's why I tied a string to the trunk release. I close the trunk literally everytime I have the battery disconnected.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My NVX JAD900.5 will be placed standing on it's side in the depression in the passenger side wheel-well as the trim cover hides well. A fabricated mount attaches to the shock mount attachment bolts. Short distance to power, short distance to sub, short distance to ground. Airflow normally goes from inside the cabin, behind side covers to rear vents. The pics can give you an idea of where I'm speaking about. Just another idea if you want to hide it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts