Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any issues in adding 1qt Luke's oil stabilizer with amsoil 5w-20 because I order 1gal plus 2 qts online and to just order 1more qt is not cost effective.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,637 Posts
I would not add oil stabilizer as VVT and MDS (assuming you have a manual) use oil flow/pressure to control cam timing and lifter deactivation. You don't want additives mucking up the oil viscosity. Besides, if you are planning on running Amsoil you are already running one of the top oils on the market.

BTW - the guys at at BITOG seem to not like LOS.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2437209

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Is there any issues in adding 1qt Luke's oil stabilizer with amsoil 5w-20 because I order 1gal plus 2 qts online and to just order 1more qt is not cost effective.
You're over complicating a simple process.

Is the oil weight what the oil cap and manual says to use?
Yes: then it goes in the engine.
No: then it doesn't go in the engine.

There's no need to add anything else.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,637 Posts
I think the OP is trying to quiet his lifter tick.

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/tick-669261/

I have used MMO on my liberty which completely eliminated my lifter noise...took a couple of treatments. But on would not recommend additives on the HEMIs because the oil is actually used to control engine operations.

Besides, if he truly has "Hemi Tick" there are loads of threads where guys are struggling to find a solution. Some have had success with different additives and oil brands but there does not seem to be one additive or brand that fixes it.

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,940 Posts
I buy it by the case. It's not like it is going to spoil if not used right away... :grin2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts