Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 SRT8 Challenger GWE and for the last three years whenever I would take it out for even a couple of mile ride the wheels came back just covered in brake dust. The Brembo pads are great but far too dirty.

Based on a recommendation from Mikey at Speedlogix I went with Hawk HPS (high Performance Street pads) and they are great performing and even after 150 miles limited to no brake dust......Well worth the price!

Happy 238 Marine Corps BDay today - Semper Fi!

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I had HAWK pads on my lifted Silverado on 35s on 20s (at the recommendation of my local 4x4 shop), and I noticed a significant difference. Little to no brake dust on my 909s. Kept the rims clean....until I found a mud hole. HA HA! Highly recommend HAWK Performance. My .02 :thup:

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I have been running these since I got my 2011 and the dust is down considerably but you still get dust. Makes a big difference and I am glad I did it.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hawk hPS pads

No squeal and very little brake dust. All in it was just over $250 bucks from Speedlogix.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
did you reuse your original rotors or did you buy new rotors?? did they take long to bed in?

chris

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
I have a 2011 SRT8 Challenger GWE and for the last three years whenever I would take it out for even a couple of mile ride the wheels came back just covered in brake dust. The Brempo pads are great but far too dirty.

Based on a recommendation from Mikey at Speedlogix I went with Hawk HPS (high Performance Street pads) and they are great performing and even after 150 miles limited to no brake dust......Well worth the price!

Happy 238 Marine Corps BDay today - Semper Fi!

Thanks for the tip man, I'm about do for a replacement soon
Happy Birthday Marine!

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
I have had my hawk pads on for 7000 miles. Much much less dust and no squeals on the oem rotors

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sweet good to no I'll be replacing mine soon

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
One thing I have done that has helped a lot is using a good wheel polish. Dust goes on and just a touch of water gets it all off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will soon as i get an answer what pads don't dust in 10 miles. really sucks in the cold months when water is shut off, parked it for now.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I called them and was told there pads would dust also.
If you are looking for brake pads that will have zero dust you are SOL. The Hawk pads reduced the amount of dust on my wheels by about 80-90% from the stock brembo pads. I'm much happier now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts