Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at a catch can for my car, and it looks like the braided lines offered by Speedlogix are just the slip on style with a radiator style clamp on them. Anyone know if it's possible to use AN fittings with real braided line for this application?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the "real" stuff on my Arrington catch can. They should work on a Speedlogix unit just as well.
That looks awesome. Did you put it all together yourself or did they have a kit that was ready to go? Been a while since I've had any stuff done but I used to have to drive quite a ways to get stuff made at a fair price so was hoping to find a packaged kit somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,680 Posts
Reactions: enemy

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Yes, its easy to do. Just takes a few parts

·
Registered
2012 R/T Classic
769 Posts
That looks awesome. Did you put it all together yourself or did they have a kit that was ready to go? Been a while since I've had any stuff done but I used to have to drive quite a ways to get stuff made at a fair price so was hoping to find a packaged kit somewhere.

I put them together myself. Most of the parts I needed were available on Amazon so the pricing was pretty good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 R/T Classic
769 Posts
Dave, any tips for making the connection, etc?
A Guy

Having the right tools is really more than half the battle when installing the ends into the hose. I bought the curved blade cutters that slice through braided hose like a knife through butter. I also bought the "Koul Tool" that makes installing the ends a breeze (and you don't prikk the hell out of your fingers on the cut stainless braid). Because I like tools, I also bought the anodized wrenches to prevent scratching the fittings but these are perhaps a luxury you can get away without :)

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having the right tools is really more than half the battle when installing the ends into the hose. I bought the curved blade cutters that slice through braided hose like a knife through butter. I also bought the "Koul Tool" that makes installing the ends a breeze (and you don't prikk the hell out of your fingers on the cut stainless braid). Because I like tools, I also bought the anodized wrenches to prevent scratching the fittings but these are perhaps a luxury you can get away without :)
So the 90 converts from pipe thread to npt on the catch can side but what are you using on the other side? I haven't pulled mine apart yet but it looks like just a silicone boot. My best guess is inserting some stainless tubing into the silicone boot and then using a clamp on that side? You just reminded me that I have no idea where my nice aluminum wrenches are it's been a while :frown:

·
Registered
2012 R/T Classic
769 Posts
So the 90 converts from pipe thread to npt on the catch can side but what are you using on the other side? I haven't pulled mine apart yet but it looks like just a silicone boot. My best guess is inserting some stainless tubing into the silicone boot and then using a clamp on that side? You just reminded me that I have no idea where my nice aluminum wrenches are it's been a while :frown:

The ends of the hoses that connect to the manifold are "cheater" AN fittings in that they are really just fancy hose clamps (Earls calls then "Econ-O-Fit", Russell calls them "Tube Seal"). The short hose that I fabricated re-uses the original Mopar 90 degree rubber elbow that I connected to the braided hose using a plastic hose mender and one of the fancy hose clamps.

Long hose parts used:
-10AN to 1/2" NPT adapter (straight) / 90 degree -10AN Hose end / Braided Hose / -10AN Hose Clamp

Short hose parts used:
-10AN to 1/2" NPT adapter (90 degree) / straight -10AN Hose end / Braided Hose / -10AN Hose Clamp / Plastic Hose Mender / Mopar rubber elbow

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are the man. Thank you! Now to decide what color to get my catch can lol. Black with the red interior but I really don't want to detail the motor in red. I'm thinking maybe going HEMI orange since the red interior is kind of like a dark burnt orange color I'm wondering if it will work.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Waaaayyyy overkill. But if you must make sure to use huge ones and not restrict your flow.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Waaaayyyy overkill. But if you must make sure to use huge ones and not restrict your flow.
Oh yes definitely not necessary by any stretch of the imagination. Just bling but the kind of thing that catches my eye when I look at motors and the kind of thing I enjoy doing myself but ya totally vain lol.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,680 Posts
Reactions: Daves12R/T
1 - 17 of 17 Posts