Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Sure didn't want to discuss the Challenger's future did he? That was an artful spin in giving a non-answer but it sure smelled like end of the line talk to me...

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
In regards to the Challenger blip, it did not sound that way to me. They are never going to give any hints on it's future. I bet you he has rehearsed that response, knowing that everyone is going to ask him that very question. Insiders have all agreed, that the Challenger is going to stick around for a few more years, at least. I have said it before, the best years for the Challenger are coming. All the naysayers on this whiny forum will be eating crow.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Challenger is going nowhere imo, dodge needs something to stand next to the camaro and mustang.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
as for the future of the Challenger....... As long as I am alive the Challenger will me in my future, and my Garage!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
I am sure his responses were all canned statements.

Koodos to MMM for getting interviews with MOPAR top execs. Can't wait to receive issue number 2!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Insiders have all agreed, that the Challenger is going to stick around for a few more years, at least.
I think the best possible scenario would be the Barracuda and Challenger going at the same time, with the Cuda filling the role of a smaller, lighter muscle car.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It seems like it will still be around for a bit longer based on his interview. I really liked his responses when asked if the 3.6 would see a manual transmission and he said it was unlikely. Then when asked if the Challenger would see the 8 speed auto he said that he can't comment on it, LOL.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I think he didn't comment on the Challenger options/refresh affirmatively (as he did with the denial or confirmations of the other products) because it would either confirm or deny the continuance or ending of the Challenger line by doing so. He pretty clearly intimates that the Challenger is just kinda hanging out and doing its thing. Yay! And the crowd goes wild! Not. Can you imagine Ford or Chevy saying that the Mustang and Camaro respectively are just kind of hanging out and doing their thing when asked about the future? No, they're actually announcing new long and short range plans that look pretty exciting. Think about it...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
The problem I see, even if the Challenger will be around after 2012, is there is no marketing in regards to our brand of choice.

1) At the airport this week and the three top auto magazines showed the new Mustang, Camaro and Mustang vs Camaro on the covers. No where was the Challenger mentioned.

2) At AVIS here in Vegas where they usually have a bunch of 6 cylinder and RT Challengers. However this time they told me the Challengers are all gone replace with Camaro's and mustangs.

3) Driving around the strip also shows a plethora of Mustangs and Camaros. Have not seen one rental Challenger at all the tourist spots

If Dodge wants the Challenger to be a continuing success, they need to market the car better, lower the price and as Ford and Chevy has just shown, release a model with a lot more power.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thank God they are not using Challengers for rental cars. Nothing kills the exclusivity of a car than seeing them in rental lots. There are not as many Challengers around as Camaros and Mustangs and I like it that way.. Challengers are exclusive Camaros and Mustangs are a dime a dozen... The current Challenger will die in 2014 to be replaced by who knows..

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
At least they know what car to put front and center

·
Registered
276 Posts
.... There are not as many Challengers around as Camaros and Mustangs and I like it that way.. Challengers are exclusive Camaros and Mustangs are a dime a dozen... The current Challenger will die in 2014 to be replaced by who knows..
That may be typical experience in other parts of the country, but I see as many challengers as mustangs and camaros where I live. In fact one day I passed 3 other challengers within minutes of each other. I couldn't believe it. I see at least a couple every morning during my commute, about the same number of mustangs and camaros.

Onto the article, it's a shame about the lack of 6M support for the pentastar. I understand that's market driven, but I'll always want to see more manual transmission options. I was happy to see it as an option for the new dart.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts