Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
"The new 6.4-liter doesn't rest on a baritone idle, though. This engine sings through the entire rev range. We remember the days when overhead-valve V8s would begin to choke at 5,000 rpm and demand a shift shortly thereafter. Those days are long gone and it's easy to let the siren song of 470 hp crash into the 392's 6,250-rpm rev limiter, tires ablaze. And every time you do, you giggle just a little bit."

Great article, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
the BMW looks like some kid with rice in his blood hacked up that car. I don't mind the M3 and M5's but that car is just ugly.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Nice article. The 1 series always looked like the 3 series' little brother with down syndrome.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Whatever the cause, any time a Prius driver flips you off, it's a win in our book. And it's the kind of win you'll never get in an M car.
And there you have it :thumbsup:

7,359 Posts
Another import vs domestic comparison..Personally I dont look at imports anymore I buy american steel only.The only import that catches my eye is the Maserati and its Fiat based now..

Ever take a BMW to a repair shop the costs make owning the SRT8 a breeze.funny how they didnt mention that tough reality that possible aftermarket and repairs on a BMW will set you back into ferrari country when the bill arrives.

45k for the srt8 is steal in comparison to driving another boring looking sedan.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,046 Posts
This guy in the comments section really sums it up!!! (SRT8 owner)

"I rather have a T-bone steak than a salad, yeah the latter will help me live longer, makes more sense but the former will make me feel like I am really living!!!!!!"

·
Registered
899 Posts
The tiny M car weighs 3362 lbs!!?? Is the trunk filled with lead?

There is no reason why that thing should weigh over 2800lbs being that small. We all know the Challenger is no lightweight but it isn't exactly the size of a roller skate either.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
"Maybe it's the size or the bright white paint and blue stripes, maybe it's that the 392 is an American car in Santa Monica, or maybe it's that we'd been revving the engine without moving for 9 minutes."

Anyone guilty of this!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
This was a very strange comparison. The only similarities are the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.
And cost and limited availability (when compared to the Inaugural Edition). This article basically gets at the core of why we drive. That is to say, you can have all of the handling, performance and etc etc etc of the M1, but at the end of the day, it's the Challenger that you pick, not because it makes sense, but because it is iconic, brute American muscle, and it's the one that'll you enjoy driving.

In short, for repeat smiles, turn ESP off, brake stand and mash the accelerator pedal to experience HEMI therapy.

·
Banned
863 Posts
Ever take a BMW to a repair shop the costs make owning the SRT8 a breeze..
Sorry, have to disagree. When I had my 645 - BMW called me in for free service...they checked everything. My hood was misaligned by 1/8 of an inch. I didn't even see it. A rookie service tech did. They "asked" if they could realign it, and even replaced a hood part. All oil changes, fluids, everything was done top notch at no cost for years. I sold the car to a friend and still has no issues with 92k miles....

Now try that with Dodge. Lets not throw stones at world class service.:scratchhead:

I wish BMW, not Fiat was in the mix. The horror stories of taking your Challenger in for the headliner falling off and the dealership looking at you like you farted would be over.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Sorry, have to disagree. When I had my 645 - BMW called me in for free service...they checked everything. My hood was misaligned by 1/8 of an inch. I didn't even see it. A rookie service tech did. They "asked" if they could realign it, and even replaced a hood part. All oil changes, fluids, everything was done top notch at no cost for years. I sold the car to a friend and still has no issues with 92k miles....

Now try that with Dodge. Lets not throw stones at world class service.:scratchhead:

I wish BMW, not Fiat was in the mix. The horror stories of taking your Challenger in for the headliner falling off and the dealership looking at you like you farted would be over.

ummm, over 260,000 miles between 3 Dodge Ram trucks. two I still own and zero problems. just replaced the factory original battery and fan belt on the 2001 with 138,000 miles on it. had a BMW in germany, it was in the shop more than on the road.

·
Banned
863 Posts
ummm, over 260,000 miles between 3 Dodge Ram trucks. two I still own and zero problems. just replaced the factory original battery and fan belt on the 2001 with 138,000 miles on it. had a BMW in germany, it was in the shop more than on the road.
ummm, Read some of the posts on dodge service in this forum. That is proof.

Still love my 09 SRT, but my experience with service sucked.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts