Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I co-opted the tag line of the late great Paul Harvey, so sue me. Also, if you don't like reality TV, move on now.

As I alluded to Yesterday, when I picked up my new Scat from the detailer Friday, the "fun" was just beginning.
The shop owner told me when he got the car and started it it died almost immediately (apparently the dealer did not put in the 8 gallons of gas he charged me $40 for).
So he put 3 gallons of 93' in it but warned me to go straight to a gas station. Sunoco station 1 mile down the road, no problem right? Wrong!
Get to the intersection before the station, bad wreck. 2 Ambulances and 4 PoPo on the scene. Don't know if the wrecked cars had the light sensors triggered or the cops had the light disabled but I sat at the red light for what seemed like eternity (5 minutes). Suddenly the car shuddered and died, out of gas. Did I mention it was raining and rush hour traffic?
Jumped out, pushed the car partly off the road by myself (damn these cars are heavy!). Ran across the street to the station. Clerk was very cordial ("what the hell's the matter with you?"). Sold me a plastic 1 gallon gas can for $15 bucks!
Back to car, pour in gas, crank up, drop clutch, stab gas, slide car sideways (damn these things are torquey!) Did I mention the rain and traffic? Horns blared! Fingers flew!
Pass 3 more wrecks on the cross town 30 minute drive home. Finally, safety!
Pour much needed therapeutic hydration (straight Tennessee whiskey in a TALL glass)!
Collapse! o_O

Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
You did fill it up, Right? You should be out and about enjoying that beautiful car! Then come home and have a tall glass of Kentucky Bourbon to celebrate another great day.馃榾

Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
Lol, gas gages matter, especially on the Challenger.

I learned first hand years back that when the gage hits "E" and the light goes on, you better have a gas station in sight!

I didn't have to push, but mastered the longest coasting ever, fortunately to a pump.

Enjoy that beast.

Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
Holy SHIT.........SKT PK 9 Man!!! Where was Alfred when you needed him?

Now that story is one I'd only want to hear about, not experience. A good smooth, whiskey to "whisk" the trauma of that away was in order.

Now back to the SKT PK 9 Man cave you go. With all gauges reading good for another adventure 馃槑.

Registered
I start getting fidgety when the tank drops below half. But only on this car. Funny how I can have just under half a tank but only about 80 mi range left. On my other cars I don't even notice until the fuel light comes on.

Registered
2018 R/T 6M
Yikes... I was down to 3/4 of a gallon the other day... trying to hold out for my favorite gas station. That was definitely closer than I wanted to be.

Registered
Dealer really charged you $40 for gas? I have never heard of that before. Most dealers give you a free top off (Brampton already puts 8 gallons in it before it leaves the plant). Some of these dealers, wow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Registered
...sorry to hear that dude; and a new car as well.
The one thing my crappy dealer did before I took delivery was a 'FULL" tank o' juice.
Besides, as already mentioned, I'll always err on the side of caution and fill up between half and quarter of tank.

I'll do this on my Harleys as well.
I am NOT able to push a 1000lb Harley, never mind this HEAVY pig.............:geek:

Premium Member
The 8 gallons listed is supposed to be in the tank from the factory not the dealer. My dealer filled my tank to full prior to accepting delivery. You should go discuss what happened and shouldn鈥檛 be out $15 for the bottle, the gas nor having to push the car. You should never have run out of gas.

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

Registered
And the dealer is charged by the company for those 8 gallons ($2.25 per gal) but he is not supposed to pass that along to the customer.

You can see it on the POC, only charged on dealer side.

Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Ok, so I co-opted the tag line of the late great Paul Harvey, so sue me. Also, if you don't like reality TV, move on now.

As I alluded to Yesterday, when I picked up my new Scat from the detailer Friday, the "fun" was just beginning.
The shop owner told me when he got the car and started it it died almost immediately (apparently the dealer did not put in the 8 gallons of gas he charged me $40 for).
So he put 3 gallons of 93' in it but warned me to go straight to a gas station. Sunoco station 1 mile down the road, no problem right? Wrong!
Get to the intersection before the station, bad wreck. 2 Ambulances and 4 PoPo on the scene. Don't know if the wrecked cars had the light sensors triggered or the cops had the light disabled but I sat at the red light for what seemed like eternity (5 minutes). Suddenly the car shuddered and died, out of gas. Did I mention it was raining and rush hour traffic?
Jumped out, pushed the car partly off the road by myself (damn these cars are heavy!). Ran across the street to the station. Clerk was very cordial ("what the hell's the matter with you?"). Sold me a plastic 1 gallon gas can for $15 bucks!
Back to car, pour in gas, crank up, drop clutch, stab gas, slide car sideways (damn these things are torquey!) Did I mention the rain and traffic? Horns blared! Fingers flew!
Pass 3 more wrecks on the cross town 30 minute drive home. Finally, safety!
Pour much needed therapeutic hydration (straight Tennessee whiskey in a TALL glass)!
Collapse! o_O

Wow! Heckuva beginning to your time with your Challenger. I'm glad to hear that you and your beautiful Challenger are okay.

Hey ... Even the VERY shady dealer that I bought my '15 SRT 392 from as a Certified Pre-Owned provided me with a full tank of Premium. And that dealership was so shady that they didn't pay off the $2,200 I owed on my trade-in for almost three months. It took lawyer threats to get that resolved.

I've been there when it comes to pushing a Challenger. The alternator went out in my 2011 Challenger R/T and the car died in the middle of a busy intersection ... about half of a mile from the dealership. That left me pushing the car the rest of the way through the intersection ... in a suit ... on a typical August day in Florida.

Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
My personal record, where did yours show? And this pic was at the gas station which was 2 miles from my house.

Reactions: GreenGo2017

Premium Member
The older I get the less I want to get stuck so I fill them up when the needle is above E.

Registered
Two gallons are left in both my 17 Scat Pack Charger and the 19 Hellcat Challenger when the light and bing sound for the first time.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dealer really charged you $40 for gas? I have never heard of that before. Most dealers give you a free top off (Brampton already puts 8 gallons in it before it leaves the plant). Some of these dealers, wow.

Charge was definitely from the dealer, you can see where he added it to the invoice. I went back and double checked. But it was only $21 not $40 as I indicated. but if somebody put 8 gallons it it, where did it go? Car only had 30 miles on it when I picked it up (27 at the dealer and 3 more at the detail shop). And that includes the shop adding 3 gallons!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
...sorry to hear that dude; and a new car as well.
The one thing my crappy dealer did before I took delivery was a 'FULL" tank o' juice.
Besides, as already mentioned, I'll always err on the side of caution and fill up between half and quarter of tank.

I'll do this on my Harleys as well.
I am NOT able to push a 1000lb Harley, never mind this HEAVY pig.............:geek:
Yes, same thing I do on my 2000 FLSTC!

And the dealer is charged by the company for those 8 gallons ($2.25 per gal) but he is not supposed to pass that along to the customer.

You can see it on the POC, only charged on dealer side.

If it wasn't meant to be added to the total shouldn't it be in the left column? The right column (the lower total) is what we settled on. I'm gonna let my sales guy know and see what he says about it.

My personal record, where did yours show? And this pic was at the gas station which was 2 miles from my house.
View attachment 1019601
I was so frantic at the time I didn't look art it real close but it was about like that. And the low gas alert was on when I picked up the car. Won't happen again!

Where do you live that there was that many accidents? The brickyard in Indy?
HAHA, yeah it had't rained in awhile and the streets were really slick. Plus allot of people don't know how to drive. Still, not typical. Like somebody was making sure I stayed focused going home!

Registered
If it wasn't meant to be added to the total shouldn't it be in the left column? The right column (the lower total) is what we settled on. I'm gonna let my sales guy know and see what he says about it.
The left column is the MSRP column, the right one is the dealer cost.

So everything the dealer is paying for is on the right and since there's nothing on the left, then you should not be charged for it.

If you have a 6-speed you will also notice that the gas guzzler charge is higher for the dealer than for you. So that's another example.

Charge was definitely from the dealer, you can see where he added it to the invoice. I went back and double checked. But it was only $21 not $40 as I indicated. but if somebody put 8 gallons it it, where did it go? Car only had 30 miles on it when I picked it up (27 at the dealer and 3 more at the detail shop). And that includes the shop adding 3 gallons!
OK then the dealer made up this charge out of thin air. Look at your POC and I bet there is a zero charge on the left and the $21 is on the right, the right is the dealer side and that's his responsibility. So he beat you out of the fuel that Brampton put in the car and 99.9% of buyer get for free. That's a sad dealer imho.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts