Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paired up my Android phone with BlueTooth on my 2020 ScatPack
Phone works but thats about it.
I thought since this is BlueTooth that I should be able to get GPS and Streaming
app from my phone to the radio without a Cable?
I can get the Android Auto App if my Android phone is connected with a cable.
Anyone having the same problem?

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,290 Posts
Cable is required for the GPS aspect of it as best I understand it.

·
Registered
2019 Pitch Black R/T
12 Posts
Tried this with my 2019, can only get it to work with the cable plugged. I think I read somewhere that it's too much data to be passed through bluetooth alone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree there might be too much data for GPS.(will need the cord}
But looking on Dodges website it says That there is Steaming Audio(I think iheart Radio?}with BlueTooth.
That would be fine with me having Free iheart Radio with BlueTooth without the cable and nottttt
having to get XM Radio after 1 year............JT

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
You can stream the audio from ANY app on your phone via bluetooth. Nothing to do with AndroidAuto/Apple Carplay. Just pair the phone, select bluetooth as the input on the head-unit and then play music on your phone - it will play through the car stereo.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you want to use Android Auto wirelessly, you need two things: a compatible car radio that has built-in Wi-Fi, and a compatible Android phone. Most head units that work with Android Auto, and most phones that are capable of running Android Auto, can't use the wireless functionality.
  • A compatible head unit: Your car radio, or head unit, needs to be capable of running Android Auto. It also needs to have Wi-Fi, and it needs to be certified to use its Wi-Fi connection in this manner.
  • A compatible phone: Your Android phone needs to be running Android 8.0 Oreo or newer if it's a Pixel phone or the Nexus 5X or 6P. The Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, S9/S9+, S10/S10+, and the Note 8/9/10 phones all support Android Audio Wireless if they're running Android 9.0 Pie or higher.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the Dodges website the 2020 ScatPacks run BlueTooth Streaming Audio.(No Cables}
Thinking you should be able to Play iheart Radio without a cable from the radio.
Better and cheaper to use iHeart Radio instead of paying every month with XM Radio?...JT

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
On the Dodges website the 2020 ScatPacks run BlueTooth Streaming Audio.(No Cables}
Thinking you should be able to Play iheart Radio without a cable from the radio.
Better and cheaper to use iHeart Radio instead of paying every month with XM Radio?...JT
Yes, like I said, you can stream ANY music app (including iheart radio, pandora, spotify, etc) from your phone to the car radio via bluetooth (no cables). You just need to pair your phone with the radio and then select the bluetooth input. Then anything you play on your phone will come out of the car speakers. You car absolutely does have that feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts