Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man I am sick of all the rumors floating around about this car. Either get some BALLS chrysler motor corp. and build it or get off the pot. It is sad that a company that has come back from the brink of destruction is debating to build such a great car or not. You brought back the charger in a 4 door sedan and now you are dragging your feet on a make or pass decision.

I quess Ford went out and rebuilt the GT500s with Carol Shelby on board. (they will have a watered down version of the ford GTs engine with close to 500 whp). If and when chrysler announces that you are building it then my money will be on it. However, you drag your feet and screw around with the decision then I will be in a Carol Shelby blue/ white GT500 this summer. ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ---- tell us something ....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Annonce Something Now!!!! Chrysler Dodge

AMEN MY MOPAR BROTHER!! I need to know if I should start to celebrate the making of the car, our mourn for it's loss.

Please tell us one way or another!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts

They aren't really dragging their feet. Im guessing this i how long it takes to get a production car in the ready.

·
Registered
48 Posts

blackarmy said:
They aren't really dragging their feet. Im guessing this i how long it takes to get a production car in the ready.
Yeah we only saw the concept version for the first time a couple months ago. They need some time to be able to actually get it started on production. And HondatoMopar- no matter what, I am waiting for it, I will not settle for some pittiful shelby. That car will have nothing, as far as looks, on the challneger. :p

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

I think part of the problem is that the 300C etc (LX platform) are doing so well they may not have the capacity to add another model to the assembly line. That and the fact they need to find a supplier for the parts. This was covered in one of the recent car mags.

Don't get me wrong, I am anxious as all get out as well. The point is there is alot of consideration that must take place here...

You don't want them to be like Pontiac and throw something together (GTO) that does not follow the concept and slap a Challenger badge on it, do ya?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

BS -- when ford released the mustang they said that they would build a gt350 or gt500 mustang old skool like in the 60s low and behold they did... I think that chrysler is ran by a bunch of german bean counters who could care less about the US market of yesterday and is focusing on feeding us europe spec crossfires and crap like that.

I went online and filled out several market surveys for them. I hope that chrysler will build it but in the end -- I doubt it will happen or we would all know something by now. They released a caliber that was a production model. The imperial and the challenger are just wet dreams that MAY be on the road in 2009....... no negativity intended just a reality check....

PLEASE PLEASE CHRYSLER MOTORS CORP. BUILD THE CHALLENGER>>>>>>>:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
67 Posts

Honda, I think you may for get that it is a canadian running the show at Chrysler group now and I'm willing to bet that he very much remembers the Challenger. As for those german bean counters they know that Chrysler group is floating all of DCX right at the moment so you can bet they want to keep us happy and happy is Challenger.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Honda2Mopar said:
However, you drag your feet and screw around with the decision then I will be in a Carol Shelby blue/ white GT500 this summer.
Good luck finding one ! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts

I think its odd.

Odd that a little while ago they were telling us retro doesnt sell, yet at the time most (if not all) of their nameplates was more than 20 years old... and now their building a retro challenger.

Its those germans... sometimes they can seem a little odd.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Legion681 said:
Good luck finding one ! :D
I have a family member that works for a large metro ford dealership in our area. They will release the GT500 this summer and will have lots of SVT stock since they are a huge dealer. I will either get one of their stock which he thinks that they will stock it since they are allocated with like one of each color coming in early june. From there it is a guessing game on how many they will get but he will not transfer them to other lots and most are going in the showroom floor area...

·
Registered
598 Posts

Honda2Mopar said:
man I am sick of all the rumors floating around about this car. Either get some BALLS chrysler motor corp. and build it or get off the pot. It is sad that a company that has come back from the brink of destruction is debating to build such a great car or not. You brought back the charger in a 4 door sedan and now you are dragging your feet on a make or pass decision.

I quess Ford went out and rebuilt the GT500s with Carol Shelby on board. (they will have a watered down version of the ford GTs engine with close to 500 whp). If and when chrysler announces that you are building it then my money will be on it. However, you drag your feet and screw around with the decision then I will be in a Carol Shelby blue/ white GT500 this summer. ANNOUNCE ANNOUNCE ---- tell us something ....
I agree brother,...that Shelby GT500 looks hot in person also,and with a pulley change,exhaust and tune,...you're talkin' at least 600hp....Hopefully DCX gets going to compete against it,....with an srt-8 version with the 6.4L 500++ hp hemi beast,.....I personally think its just a matter of a very short time that they will announce that its a "GO"....at least to make up for the new charger(no offense)that alot were disappointed in,...and to compete with the mustang......If they were smart they would release information about releasing the various high performance hemi challengers Now,....before the Shelby GT500 gets released to public around June or July this summer.;) :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I am hoping that some chrysler marketing people look at this site which I bet that they do especially with them linking a dodge survey here. So, as long as the interest is held at a high level then this increases our chances of actually getting a production model. I want a challenger but will get a gt500 if they do not make it so DCX -- PLEASE announce that you will......

·
Registered
48 Posts

You guys call yourselves Mopar fanatics... Pitiful! This is Challenger Talk, not Shelby Talk, go find your own website for that. As for you and your shelby, I will be looking at you through the rearview of my Challenger 392. :)

·
Registered
598 Posts

GottahaveaHemi said:
You guys call yourselves Mopar fanatics... Pitiful! This is Challenger Talk, not Shelby Talk, go find your own website for that. As for you and your shelby, I will be looking at you through the rearview of my Challenger 392. :)
. You better hope they make the 392 6.4L hemi in the srt-8,....or you might be the only thing lookin' "pitiful",..as the new Shelby GT500 passes you by:rolleyes: ......We can talk about anything here,...and I for one want to mention the new Shelby GT500 with near 500hp,....so that DCX steps up to the plate to match it with a 500+hp srt-8 version of the challenger....Done DEAL!;) :cool:

·
Registered
427 Posts

AMEN....FELLOW BROTHERS

Why the drama, it's either yes or no......preferably yes!!! Quit screwing with peoples emotions and build the car. The people have spoken.......

·
Registered
334 Posts

They will announce production when they are close, not far away. Figure about 6 months prior, if they're smart.

Corporations do NOT make money selling futures. They make $$$ by selling what's in stock.

If they announce they are making the car NOW, 18-24 months b4 production, it will have the effect of DEPRESSING potential sales of the car, as well as killing sales of what they have to sell, now, like Chargers...

LJB;)

·
Registered
40 Posts

GottahaveaHemi said:
Being a MoPar fanatic doesnt mean you have to like everything mopar, IMO half of their current lineup is sh*thouse, but that doesnt stop me loving roadrunners, gtxs, satellites, (real)chargers, coronets, barracudas, challengers and several other classic mopars.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

Andrew said:
Being a MoPar fanatic doesnt mean you have to like everything mopar, IMO half of their current lineup is sh*thouse, but that doesnt stop me loving roadrunners, gtxs, satellites, (real)chargers, coronets, barracudas, challengers and several other classic mopars.
I like the Charger for what it is (a Magnum sedan NOT a real Charger) and I love the Magnum and the 300.:cool: I think that they messed up the Ram, Freightliner headlights suck.:mad: I kinda like the SRT-4 but FWD just ain't my thing. I see the need for the little 4-bangers but I wouldn't look to buy one no matter who built it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts