Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And another one.....

My car was an early build (April) 2015 model. Yesterday I noticed little red drops on my garage floor. Today I pulled the bottom splash shield and the plastic fairing piece (starts before the splash shield) to get a closer look. Despite me hoping that it was a hose, the leak looks like it is coming from the bottom right-hand side of the radiator at the seam. At first glance, it seems like it is leaking right at the bottom corner seam. All of the hoses connections look good with no residue or leakage.

I also found that the factory didn't properly install a guard on the bottom radiator hose and mine was rubbing against the engine oil pan. I inspect this car very thoroughly due to the track events that I do and missed this in the past. It looks like the hose was going to rub through at any moment.

I will be most likely replacing it with a full aluminum performance radiator instead of another stock unit.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,579 Posts
That makes me nervous as I have a November 2015 SRT. Thanks for posting those pictures. I’d be interested in following your progress.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes me nervous as I have a November 2015 SRT. Thanks for posting those pictures. I’d be interested in following your progress.
Anytime! Hopefully someone else can learn something from my experience. I would recommend checking your bottom radiator hose the next time you do (or get) an oil change done.

Ive owned a car in the past that had the radiator blow out and it blew the engine head gasket.. it happened in less than a minute merging into a highway. I'm now a bit cautious when it comes to anything cooling related.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Good advice. Will do.....and thanks again.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Can’t say for sure, but I suspect not just SRT. I recall there were numerous posts here about failed radiators in the 2015 model year. Apparently there were production problems particularly earlier in the model year. I’m sure someone will chime in with more accurate information.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,686 Posts
This bulletin SRT (6.2L, 6.4L)

A Guy

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts