Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do a nose conversion on my 2009 RT to upgrade to the 2011 bumper and 392 chin, and have some questions on the chin spoiler.

First off, I am ONLY getting the chin spoiler, no ducts or belly pan or anything, JUST the chin spoiler (85 bucks from local dealership) and I keep seeing guys talking about the "side filler panels". Wth is that? Can't find pics of them anywhere. Is that just if your gonna do the functional conversion or what? Am I gonna be short parts that I need to do the conversion if I JUST bought the chin spoiler. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's not necessary to get these pieces...If anything, it's dumb especially if you're not going for the functional replacement.

Stand next to your car across drivers side. Look at your wheel. The bottom corner of your chin spoiler will be missing (it'll be a triangle of space). The filler's cover this spot but like I said, it would be dumb to do because then you're just put a whole bunch of air into your chin spoiler with no escapes but the front. I would think that would cause some kind of drag. I did not get the fillers.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not necessary to get these pieces...If anything, it's dumb especially if you're not going for the functional replacement.

Stand next to your car across drivers side. Look at your wheel. The bottom corner of your chin spoiler will be missing (it'll be a triangle of space). The filler's cover this spot but like I said, it would be dumb to do because then you're just put a whole bunch of air into your chin spoiler with no escapes but the front. I would think that would cause some kind of drag. I did not get the fillers.
Ah gotcha. But even reusing the rt belly pan, the ducts don't route anymore air to the hole in the driver side fender (inside the hood compartment) where the cold air intake is?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good lord! Guess that means they won't be going on lol. Or at least not bought ones. I have some scrap pieces of abs lying around... Maybe I'll fab them... Or not.

What about the airflow to the hole in the fender for the CAI? Does the 392 chin route air to it when the rt belly pan is reused? Or does it just route below the car?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
I've been wondering that as well...sounds like a good aftermarket piece to me.

A duct that hooks up to those two inelts and merges into one tube which directs the air up towards that opening the air intake draws air from.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been wondering that as well...sounds like a good aftermarket piece to me.

A duct that hooks up to those two inelts and merges into one tube which directs the air up towards that opening the air intake draws air from.
No I get what the belly pan for a 392 does, I meant if I reused all my RT parts, belly pan and such, and just added the 392 chin spoiler, would it direct air towards the hole in the fender for CAI? I kno it wouldn't have any ram air effect since it wouldn't be DIRECTLY funneled to it, but would the air coming from the inlets in the chin be at all directed TOWARDS the hole in the fender?

·
Banned
575 Posts
No I get what the belly pan for a 392 does, I meant if I reused all my RT parts, belly pan and such, and just added the 392 chin spoiler, would it direct air towards the hole in the fender for CAI? I kno it wouldn't have any ram air effect since it wouldn't be DIRECTLY funneled to it, but would the air coming from the inlets in the chin be at all directed TOWARDS the hole in the fender?
YES it Does!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
20 bucks for that? I'm fine

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YES it Does!
Awesome, thank you

Can't wait to see what she's gonna look like with nose and chin conversion. I'll be sure to post pics

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
WOW those went up, I paid $8 bucks a piece from speedlogix last summer. We actually did two installs. I see they now have them for $25 each. Almost as bad as the RT stripe extensions for $30 bucks.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts