Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
← News! 2011 Challenger SRT8 Hemi grows to 6.4 Liters and 470 Horsepower – Road Test TV
News: World’s Fastest Nissan GTR with Stock Turbos! 10.06 @ 135.67 – Road Test TV →

2011 392 Challenger SRT8 on the dyno – 531 Horsepower (452 RWHP)! – Road Test TV

December 5, 2010 by Road Test TV Leave a Comment

Road Test TV – Looks like the horsepower war continues and the Dodge boys have a trick up their sleeve. According to dyno numbers gathered by Inside Line, the 2011 Challenger SRT8 with its 392 cubic inch (6.4 Liter) Hemi V8 is going to be a handful for the Camaro SS and Ford Mustang.
Even though the 392 Challenger is rated at 470 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque at the crank, it put down an impressive 452 horses at 6200 RPM and 443 lb-ft at 4400 to the WHEELS! Taking into consideration a conservative 15% reduction for parasitic losses from the accessories and driveline, the 2011 392 Challenger is actually making 531 horsepower and 521 pound-feet of torque at the crank. This is a big improvement over the outgoing 6.1 Liter Hemi. Hopefully, all production models will be as strong.

http://roadtesttv.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/img_0284.jpg

To give prospective as to how strong these numbers are, the Inside Line dynoed a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS on the exact same dyno. The result: 370 horses and 343 lb-ft of torque at the wheels (about 435 hp/403 lb-ft of tq at the crank). The verdict: the new 2011 392 Hemi Challenger is making over 80 horsepower and 120 lb-ft MORE than the 2010 Camaro SS to the WHEELS! Hopefully, the upcoming Supercharged Camaro Z28 will more than even the score.

Scary awesome if true.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
right after i found this link i found another one which said the mustang is really 445 horsepower and not 412.....it also said the 2011 Challenger was still the slowest 0-60 and quarter mile time when compared to the Camaro and Mustang

·
Registered
125 Posts
You are comparing rear wheel horsepower(Challenger) with crank horsepower(Mustang) not the same thing!!! No way does the Mustang have 452 at the wheel.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That just the Inside Line's dyno test being reposted...

According to dyno numbers gathered by Inside Line

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I found the 2011 392 dyno run!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I found another dyno run! Don't get mad Goehner you will get a car one day. With some hard work everything is possible! Have Faith!!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Starting to feel sorry for you.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
BW. this is your last warning. Youve got enough infraction points that one more and youre gone. Keep it up, its obvious you havent learned anything about how to conduct yourself and Im tired of dealing with people complaining about you.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
I don't understand why BW is so negative about the 6.4 Challengers ... It's the same car as the 2009/2010 Challenger - just with a significantly more powerful engine, and some suspension refinements thrown in to boot. They are the fastest production Challengers ever sold since the model originated in 1970.

7,359 Posts
IMO George is just funning around is all.

I know George and he has his moments for sure but to be honest he is a real good egg for a rotten egg,lol JK...
We have had our bumps along the way but nothing in life is easy that is worth having,and having George as a friend is still a priority for me and many others here at CT.
Im very loyal to the cause and my friends so at times I could see how this looks like bad intent abound however Ive learned thru trail and error this is Georges way of playin around I feel,and believe me some days this crap just dont float.Lifes rough enough with-out a kick in the ribs no doubt!
That all being said just be good to each other lifes too short......
Agreed Jay6spdrt the more I read the more I get pumped up for this car.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
I agree with Notsure, George is a good guy and will help people out when ever he can. He has proven that already. But at the same time you have to know when enough is enough. I think we have reached that point. We all need to get along and help one another out.
So 531 rwhp?? Seem a little high don't it??

7,359 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed BM!

Yeah this info isnt sitting right with me either...This cant be a real drum number to take seriously theres now too much meat on the bone to chew here.
Ill tell you what asap when I get my car Ill dyno it then after the ride to springfest with Jeff Ill dyno it out there to see if there is any gain then again when I return. As at that point I should have about 6k on the car..
We need real numbers why didnt they post a read out ?

I hear rumors maybe Rangerman will let me take delivery of this car while hes in the **** nest over seas and we can dyno his ride sooner than mine,LOL ....When hell freezes over!
Heeee hawwwww..

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
HE HE ya I bet he's gonna step up and help ya out. I do think that Dodge under rated these a tad. I wouldnt be surprised if it hit over 425 at the wheels 500 crank.
One thing is for dam certain they look friggin nice!!!

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
I'm with BW here I don't buy these numbers for a second. He just has his own classic way of saying this is BS.

7,359 Posts
^^^^^^^
fingers crossed......though :)
That Hennesy dyno run with 432 a week later from the run at 420 rwhp was a little fishy as well.
Im keeping an open mind but not too open...
Whats next!
God help us...till we get the real facts here.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts