Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out which models B5 blue will be offered to when it becomes available. I'm hoping 392 Scats will be included. Anyone have any info on this? I put this out in another forum but no answers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been trying to find this out myself with no luck. Dealer never has an answer for me. My plan is to order a B5 blue 392 T/A or 392 Shaker car. Just waiting on Dodge and the color availability at this point.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping Slidd or Hal catches this thread......they are astute with production info. Come back here and post if you find out Alien.

Also, I called Dodge customer service and the person I talked to did not inspire confidence. Back in 2015 when myself and others were buying SPS Challys, customer service was often inaccurate with their info. BTW, she said NO B5 Scats. Not convinced yet.

Generally, never ask a dealer......they usually don't know much.

·
Registered
120 Posts
B5 and Plum Crazy were originally designated as Demon only according to a post by RS on the other site. That designation was removed from the original post leaving some to believe those colors will be available across the board. They both still show late availability though. I have not heard anything lately.

·
Registered
9,367 Posts
Hope that FCA offers it again, and that you guys can grab yours :)

It's a stunning color, but I'm partial!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I really wish Dodge/FCA would stop screwing around with colors!

What happened to the good old days when you could order any color exterior with any color interior?

They invariably screw around with B5 like this for one year and then the next year it is available across the board leaving the people who bought a 2018 disappointed they didn't wait for a 2019.

To be frank, I thought for sure I would buy B5 or black. When I finally bought I bought Jazz Blue and couldn't be happier. Less of them on the road and the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope that FCA offers it again, and that you guys can grab yours :)

It's a stunning color, but I'm partial!
You are so right dude. B5 is a jaw dropper. I have seen only a couple B5 cars since it was introduced. My SPS is Sublime but would have picked B5 if no Sublime.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I really wish Dodge/FCA would stop screwing around with colors!

What happened to the good old days when you could order any color exterior with any color interior?

They invariably screw around with B5 like this for one year and then the next year it is available across the board leaving the people who bought a 2018 disappointed they didn't wait for a 2019.

To be frank, I thought for sure I would buy B5 or black. When I finally bought I bought Jazz Blue and couldn't be happier. Less of them on the road and the best of both worlds.
In the good old days Mopar regularly made big tweaks to the paint lineup. A lot of the high impact colors only ran for a year and 70 and 71 were crazy with the amount of color changes they made. B-5 seems to be an exception as I believe it was available for several years.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You are so right dude. B5 is a jaw dropper. I have seen only a couple B5 cars since it was introduced. My SPS is Sublime but would have picked B5 if no Sublime.
Agreed. I may be a bit partial as that's what my dad's 71 Cuda has, but B5 is beautiful. I'd gladly trade my Header Orange for B5.

·
Super Moderator
15,441 Posts
In the good old days Mopar regularly made big tweaks to the paint lineup. A lot of the high impact colors only ran for a year and 70 and 71 were crazy with the amount of color changes they made. B-5 seems to be an exception as I believe it was available for several years.
That's true - a couple of colors:

*Sublime / Lime Light
*Panther Pink / Moulin Rouge

were only 1/2 year offerings for '70. Green Go / Sassy Grass replaced Sublime and then continued into '71.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed. I may be a bit partial as that's what my dad's 71 Cuda has, but B5 is beautiful. I'd gladly trade my Header Orange for B5.
Your Dad has a 71 Cuda? In Sublime? Survivor or modded? What motor? Can I be your new brother? (And can I be your Dad's favorite Son?) Haha! So cool!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I emailed the Dodge Product information folks, this was their reply:

We understand and appreciate your eagerness for the B5 Blue Pearl Coat
exterior paint color to become available for factory order. The B5 Blue
Pearl Coat exterior paint color is indicated as a late availability
factory option for the 2018 Dodge Challenger lineup. At the present
time, no information has been provided by FCA US LLC indicating when the
B5 Blue Pearl Coat exterior paint color will enter the factory order
system.

I had asked if it was going to be for all trim levels and when it might be available as the salesperson I was conversing with had claimed that it was not going to be available at all for the 2018's.

·
Premium Member
3,202 Posts
Never enough B5. They should paint them all B5. Part of the Beautify America plan. Henry Ford had any color you wanted as long as it was black. Chrysler's motto should have been the same except B5 blue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts