Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
278 Posts
I can't get past the blue interior accents. The exterior is done nicely for what it is. Not my cup of tea either.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,168 Posts
To quote Les Gold from Hardcore Pawn...Why??

Dodge never made a Superbird- it was a Daytona. Also, besides the proportions being all wrong, the Superbird and Daytona never came with shaker hoods. In my opinion, it is overpriced for $61K.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
These things are Frankenstein Cars...

The only people who appreciate them are former superbird fans. If you want to go 200 mph, than great. But most average "non car" people probably laugh at them.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I think it would look good if they got rid of that nose, wing and blue stuff in the interior.

I think the dimensions on newer cars are wrong for the look. These are "thick" cars in terms of height from bottom of rocker panel to the bottom of the side glass...and it throws off the dimensions to the point that I feel the overall effect is that of a person wearing a costume.

Don't get me wrong, I think they looks to be well built, with a lot work going into them, but I just think the overall look misses the originals mix of cartoonish-yet-aggressive, and comes off as just being cartoonish.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Superbirds weren't all that popular back in 70 either. I didn't like them, but sure wish I had bought one.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
It's just not right

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Not my cup of tea either.

·
Registered
828 Posts
To quote Les Gold from Hardcore Pawn...Why??

Dodge never made a Superbird- it was a Daytona. Also, besides the proportions being all wrong, the Superbird and Daytona never came with shaker hoods. In my opinion, it is overpriced for $61K.
Yeah, not feeling the shaker hood.... it would look way better would a standard hood.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the real superbird a lot better but each to there own,Thanks moparohio for sending it to me.
I figured you'd find that interesting since you own the 'real' thing.

I know the Superbird is more well known than the Daytona wing car but... honestly... shouldn't the Dodge Challenger wing car be a Daytona if you want to do it right?

I saw a company that does a conversion for this on a blue and gold one and the craftsmanship was very good.. but... again, not for me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Personally I like the wing and the nose. The rest of the stuff including the shaker don't belong. I used to think the superbird/daytona where kinda fugly until I saw one cruising at a car show. It was the coolest thing I had seen!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I will never get this. We drive a Challenger and it can never be a superbird or a cuda. For one those two cars were Plymouths yet I keep seeing people take their beautiful Challenger and calling it something else.

·
Registered
811 Posts
:werd::scratchhead::notallthere: Both the Dodge Daytona and Plymouth Superbird were on the B-body cars not the E-body Challenger and or Cuda so it just will not work for me! 2nd they used a 5.7L to do this, I would think that the RT Scat Pack would be the way to go. The Scat Pack cars were at least in the same family of cars!:fight::fight:

·
Registered
53 Posts
like it or not, it does get looks.
Would look better with the decals applied straight >:)

Owned 2 Daytonas in early `90, both project, both 440 auto, one T7 with tan interior white stripe
XX29L9B414635 and one F5 black interior and stripe XX29L9B414641

Should have kept one of them ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts