Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked far away from everyone this morning and as I went to lunch noticed a dent on my drivers door...on the crease with paint gone:icon_evil: I just got my fuschia r/t the last week of december....anyone with dents in the past know the way to fix it? Do you think they can match up the fuschia color?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Take it to a pdr guy and see if they can pdr it. Some dings in bodylines can't be fixed very well but some can. After that, buff what you can and have a body shop with a computer matching camera take a picture of your door and mix you some touch up paint. I haven't yet seen a part number for fuchsia paint, I'm sure it exists but haven't bothered to call chrysler yet on it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
most pdr guys won't try to fix a dent if the paint is chipped, due to the chance of chipping more paint off during the process.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Is the FF really any different from the Fuchsia looking paint I see on the PT Cruisers from time to time. Chrysler has been know to recycle the same colors under different names from time to time.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Here is a site that explains where your exact Paint code is located on your car. I bought paint from these folks from a reccommendation of another member here for painting a model and the underhood cover. He says it matches exactly. Since your car is so new, there is no chance for any dulling of your current paint due to sun exposure so if you find the paint code and it "might actually be the same as some other Dodge's painted this color", go for it. Here is the site describing how to find the paint code.
Dodge Paint Code Locations

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Parked far away from everyone this morning and as I went to lunch noticed a dent on my drivers door...on the crease with paint gone:icon_evil: I just got my fuschia r/t the last week of december....anyone with dents in the past know the way to fix it? Do you think they can match up the fuschia color?
Sorry to hear this. I had about 8 removed for Christmas, looks great! None of mine had paint missing though - not that bad, $200. I'd take it to a good body shop and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
When I was thirty - something I bought my first red Porsche and 3 weeks later my new car was rear ended by a young driver with no insurance. I was glad nobody was injured - the car was fixed and it brought many fun memories. I'm still glad I kept things in that perspective when the accident occurred.

I have a 2003 BMW with nary a ding. Go figure! :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Went to Lowes last night after getting dinner and parked at least 8 spaces away from anything. Came out and a daggone SUV had pulled right next to me, and not only that, but was close to the line separating us. I commented to my wife, "What an *******". The woman that had driven the SUV was right behind us.

Didn't see any dents or chips, but it goes to show, no matter where you park some ahole will park next to you. This one may have been a fluke, but be aware there are people out there that just can't stand anyone that has something nicer than them.

Also, if you live near a college, and park anywhere near where those kids park, you will get dinged. Those guys/gals just don't care what they hit, and they will never leave a note on the car even if they back into you or something.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Went to Lowes last night after getting dinner and parked at least 8 spaces away from anything. Came out and a daggone SUV had pulled right next to me, and not only that, but was close to the line separating us. I commented to my wife, "What an *******". The woman that had driven the SUV was right behind us.

Didn't see any dents or chips, but it goes to show, no matter where you park some ahole will park next to you. This one may have been a fluke, but be aware there are people out there that just can't stand anyone that has something nicer than them.

It's people like that that some how, mysteriously, get their valve stems cut off or the valve cores removed. :up_to_something::satan:
Not that I know anything about that but I have heard stories. :dunno::shocked:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
first thing...sorry about the title of the thread....darn auto correcting phone. Took the car to get a estimate for fixing the dent....everyone at the shop just loved the car and had several paople come out to look at her...everyone said I need to find the jerk and @$#@ kick his @$$. Good news is that they can fix it and it would be less than a hour to work out the dent...the bad news is that they would have to sand down around the area removing the R/T stripes on the door, the mirror and mask off the car car to paint and blend in. They said the coild match up the paint and I would never know what happen...seems the fuschia does not have that much metal flake in it. The big cost to me would be in the labor to prep the door removing the door handle, mirror and some weatherstripping....also he cost of the new stripe kit from dodge ($280.00) because I can't just get the door stripes I would have to get the whole kit. Total cost to fix $870.00:shocked:

·
Registered
585 Posts
That sucks man i'm sorry to hear that!!! Unfortunately nobody out there has any respect for any ones stuff anymore. i got my door dinged by some jerk at work about a month after i got my car. I stll haven't gotten fixed yet though. $870 is a sttep price to pay to fix what some careless f&cK messed up. I don't blame you though for getting it fixed i plan on getting mine fixed as well!! good luck to you!!!

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
From my exp. Any scratch will cost close to grand to fix. The body shops want to spray to whole side of the car. They want to blend in the new paint over the old.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
It is really sad that people have totally lost respect for other's property. I had a 2007 Monte Carlo SS that the dealer had installed body colored plastic strips along the sides of the car, cant think of what they are called but they didn't look bad and protected the doors from dings. I wonder if Dodge makes them for the challenger?

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm convinced these cars are car magnets. I parked all alone again last night at a fast food place. Probably no more than 6 other people even there. Within 10 minutes I had a car on each side of me, and where I parked wasn't even convenient to getting inside the restaurant. No dents I can see, but it's amazing- - there is no place I can park this car that someone won't end up next to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts