Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading over the many posts about this this morning and when I went to work this I stopped by the local Dodge dealer to see what they would do...
When I pulled in I saw this reflection on one of their cars and I instantly remembered seeing this previously...
Does this mean that my car has already had the upgrade...?
Thank you!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes, you have the DRL on.

Reactions: Okeesignguy

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yes, you must have installed the "turned on the DRL button" modification. The amber/white halos come stock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the car used...one owner lease car from the dealer...
So I assume the other owner already did it...cool!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Those are the only DRL we have enabled on any of our vehicles, and we're not even Canadian, eh.
They look the best.
Its interesting that the outer headlights have a white ring that powers up when Challenger is running. I don't think there is any control for those, on the 19's .
Okeesignguy should fill out your signature so people will know what model you are driving and can 'hep' you. (y)
I like looking at the reflections also,
Enjoy !

Reactions: Okeesignguy

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
You can shut those ugly amber lights off in the settings on the radio.

Personal preference. Myself, I like these "on" for two reasons:

I think they look good "on."

Visibility to other drivers. If someone pulls out in front of me causing a wreck, they can't say that they didn't see me. If they do say this, then they are legally blind and shouldn't be behind the wheel of anything.

These puppies are BRIGHT.

Again, to each their own.
61290.jpg

·
Registered
448 Posts
Dude the halos look amazing. Menacing. Challenging. Intimidating. I love them. I think it adds to the stance of classic muscle.

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
Does this mean that my car has already had the upgrade...?
All 2015 and newer have the Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) installed and selectable ON or OFF by the driver in the Uconnect under controls, settings and lights.

It was only the older cars prior to 2015 that needed a trip to the dealer to have them turned on (except Canada).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,274 Posts
I thought the CND sales code vehicles did not have the option to turn off DRLs?

"NOTE: If allowed by law in the country in which the vehicle was purchased, the Daytime Running Lights can be turned on and off using the Uconnect System, refer to “Uconnect Settings” in “Multimedia” for further information. "

·
Registered
15,862 Posts
Correct, on 2015+ cars built to Canadian Market Specifications the DRL's cannot be turned off and that option is missing in the Uconnect settings.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts