Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, bought a used 2016 Challenger RT 5.7 a few months ago and snatched a pair of Borla S Type mufflers to throw on it. Silly me never bothered to look under the car to see if there was any exhaust work done by the previous owner. Finally gave it a look earlier today and SURPRISE, mid muffler delete. I love the tone of the Borla S, but I’m sure if I add them with the resonators still in place the car will be quieter (sigh). Is it time to return them?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,003 Posts
I run long tube headers and the Corsa extreme and I swear it is just as quiet as stock until you get on it. If I remove the mid mufflers it definitely sounds meaner but still does not sound like the 2017 or 2018 RTs. IMO mid-muffler delete is a lot more pleasing "sound wise" when compared to reso delete.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I run long tube headers and the Corsa extreme and I swear it is just as quiet as stock until you get on it. If I remove the mid mufflers it definitely sounds meaner but still does not sound like the 2017 or 2018 RTs. IMO mid-muffler delete is a lot more pleasing "sound wise" when compared to reso delete.
Cool, thanks! I’m new to this car stuff and will look into the long tube headers. My mechanic is pushing for the reso delete and throwing on the S Type mufflers, but with the car being an A8 I’m convinced that the reso delete is out of the question since I have never driven a true old school muscle car and don’t think I could stand for the cabin to sound like anything other than a “new car”. I think I just have mod-fever. Probably will slap the $400 somewhere else after returning the Borlas while rubbing my hands patiently waiting to hack up something else, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts