Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these get old but I can't find very much specific information on what I am planning to do with my exhaust system.
I have a Challenger R/T 5-speed Auto.
I am wanting a nice mild-medium exhaust tone. What I don't want is the insane loudness and mind numbing drone my Mustang had with Borla Stingers (especially since I do a lot of highway driving with my job.) Shortly after I change the exhaust I will also be adding the Mopar CAI.

I am thinking of have a couple of Flowmaster 50's welded in-place of the suitcase. Also, I plan on leaving the resonators on and possibly removing them later on depending on how the 50's sounds after being broken in.

Does anyone on here have a 50's setup with or with out reso's? How is the drone? Any videos? I came up pretty empty on youtube.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
You'll also need to address MDS as this is a major contributing cause of drone.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For what its worth, i have 2010 r/t with cai, 5 sp auto. Installed the flow master force 2 with the super 44's. Couldnt be happier.sounds great, no drone.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Flowmaster

I have the Flowmaster Force II. I wanted something louder than stock but not crazy loud. After watching the YouTube flicks, I chose Flowmaster Force II which has resonators. No drone at all! You will notice the tone of the exhaust when MDS kicks in but if you have the stereo on, you will not notice it. Fits well with no rattles. You will save a TON of weight by swapping the Flowmaster with the stock system. I also like the fact that this system retains the stock tips which I really like. This saves you $$$. This system is one of the cheapest out there. I highly recommend this system (no... I do not work for Flowmaster).

StevoHemi
2010 RT Auto

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to check out some videos and check those systems out. Do any of you have any cabin videos with that flowmaster system? Could only find exterior videos on youtube.
Still would like to hear from anyone with just 50's installed.

Thanks for the input so far guys!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
For what its worth, i have 2010 r/t with cai, 5 sp auto. Installed the flow master force 2 with the super 44's. Couldnt be happier.sounds great, no drone.
I have the Flowmaster Force II. I wanted something louder than stock but not crazy loud. After watching the YouTube flicks, I chose Flowmaster Force II which has resonators. No drone at all! You will notice the tone of the exhaust when MDS kicks in but if you have the stereo on, you will not notice it. Fits well with no rattles. You will save a TON of weight by swapping the Flowmaster with the stock system. I also like the fact that this system retains the stock tips which I really like. This saves you $$$. This system is one of the cheapest out there. I highly recommend this system (no... I do not work for Flowmaster).

StevoHemi
2010 RT Auto
I have the Force II system also and agree with firemun and stevo:bigthumb: Nice sounding exhaust thats not too loud, but has a meaner sound. The drone and loudness is nothing like the Borla stingers ( wife has them on her GT also). Compared with the auto's stock exhaust it is going to be a lot different in tone...in a good way, IMO. If the 50's don't work out for ya, definitely check into getting the Force II system. Oh and btw, even though the resonators on this kit are small, they make a HUGE difference in cutting down levels of both loudness and drone. I removed the rear pipes and switched them out with ones without resonators and it is much louder/meaner but also has some serious drone......I can live with it though. Best of luck with whatever you choose.:bigthumb:

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
On the flowmaster system w/ the resonators #817461
Can anyone confirm this will fit on a 2011 R/T?
I heard dodge made some changes mid 2010 the some exhaust systems are not compatible with...
Still wanting to hear from anyone with 50's as well

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know these get old but I can't find very much specific information on what I am planning to do with my exhaust system.
I have a Challenger R/T 5-speed Auto.
I am wanting a nice mild-medium exhaust tone. What I don't want is the insane loudness and mind numbing drone my Mustang had with Borla Stingers (especially since I do a lot of highway driving with my job.) Shortly after I change the exhaust I will also be adding the Mopar CAI.

I am thinking of have a couple of Flowmaster 50's welded in-place of the suitcase. Also, I plan on leaving the resonators on and possibly removing them later on depending on how the 50's sounds after being broken in.

Does anyone on here have a 50's setup with or with out reso's? How is the drone? Any videos? I came up pretty empty on youtube.
I have been thinking about doing the same thing! I am very interested in this solution so if you do it, please post and let us know how it works.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I have a 2011 R/T and am looking at the same thing. Did you find anything on youtube to hear the flowmaster system vs solo?
Here is a youtube clip of the Flowmaster force II system

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called flowmaster tech support and can confirm that the kit #817461 will fit on a 2011 R/T I am going to go ahead and order mine.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I called flowmaster tech support and can confirm that the kit #817461 will fit on a 2011 R/T I am going to go ahead and order mine.
Good choice. Flowmaster sounds awesome! Always has, always will.

·
Registered
179 Posts
On the flowmaster system w/ the resonators #817461
Can anyone confirm this will fit on a 2011 R/T?
I heard dodge made some changes mid 2010 the some exhaust systems are not compatible with...
Still wanting to hear from anyone with 50's as well
Hey Gecko,
The kit 817461 will fit the 2011 R/T.
You can always call our toll free phone number and talk to our tech department Monday through Friday. 1-800-544-4761

1 - 14 of 14 Posts