Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the install and dyno tune on my 2010 srt I wasn't happy with the fan settings. Once the fans came on they never shut off. I finally went in and raised them. They now shut off after running.
While talking to a mechanic he said that after 40mph or so the fans should automatically turn off because they can't move anymore air than that. Is he correct? I have kooks headers mids and Corsa extreme so I could never hear if the fans shut off over 40mph or not.

·
Registered
151 Posts
just my personal opinion here, but, I would leave the settings the way they were. They were set to provide long term reliability and economy. Remember, belt drive fans, even with clutches always turn and move air, it was just a matter of how much. Why did the fans running bother you? In most cars with electric fans there are several triggers to kick the fans on. One is the Freon pressure in the AC system, another is the coolant temp. these cars also have awareness of speed and ambient air and perhaps under hood temp. to choose fan on/off logic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts