Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Great venue for shots. I was going to try to head over to some spots around the Worcester Ma airport but I lost the good light before I could get there. Great shots.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've never been a fan of the belt line stripe but your cars color combo. nails it great looking car, looking at them with much more respect now

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never been a fan of the belt line stripe but your cars color combo. nails it great looking car, looking at them with much more respect now
It's funny how I ended up with that stripe. It originally had the rally stripes and I accidentally scratched the passenger quarter panel. I had it repaired but I could just barely tell where they fixed it just above the right rear tire. I decided to put on the belt line to completely hide the repair. Then I realized it was just too much striping with the rally stripes too and then took them off. I really like it this way. Still trying to decide if I want the "T" hood stripe or not to go along with the belt line.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's funny how I ended up with that stripe. It originally had the rally stripes and I accidentally scratched the passenger quarter panel. I had it repaired but I could just barely tell where they fixed it just above the right rear tire. I decided to put on the belt line to completely hide the repair. Then I realized it was just too much striping with the rally stripes too and then took them off. I really like it this way. Still trying to decide if I want the "T" hood stripe or not to go along with the belt line.
I wouldn't myself looks good as is

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I wouldn't myself looks good as is
I've got to agree with JK I think she looks great as is right now. I saw your post on the stunners and was thinking please don't change her ;)

Take it easy
Jay

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
They were done with the blackout hood treatment with body side stripes for the '70 model: (its all personal preference) - replicated that treatment on mine.

Attachments

Reactions: DougandMichelle

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
The blackout treatment was optional. (only offered in black)

When you got an R/T model the hood was standard.

The default stripe is the bumble bee tail stripe (painted) or the body side "longitudinal" stripe (vinyl tape).

The side body color stripes available were, white, black, red.

The bumble bee stripe default was black, but other colors were available or when main body was black another color for the bumble bee stripe was used.

Reactions: DougandMichelle
1 - 14 of 14 Posts