Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,574 Posts
More sad news, this time 4 killed, estimated 120 mph in a 45 mph zone, the power can get away from you quickly, rip.

Investigators release more information in Stark County crash that killed 4 | fox8.com

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I am sorry but that is one stupid arse driver! 120 in a 45, dinky 2 lane road and loaded vehicle...what the hell were they thinking. :nono: Fortunately no one in the house and none of the other drivers that shared the same road with this ****** bag were injured or killed. I do feel sorry for the passengers but as for the driver...you are an asshat! Don't get me wrong, I love to peel rubber down the road but I cap my show boating at 10 over the speed limit. If you have a need for speed...take it to a track or salt bed. At least the 2 that were killed in the last HC accident had the sense to rent a runway.

This story really strikes close to home for me as I live next to the corner house on a pretty busy intersection. Both roads are 4 lane (2 lane for each direction) and speed limit is 35mph. My 2 little girls and I were playing in our front yard (faces our quiet dead end side street) when all of the sudden we hear screeching tires and metal smashing metal. I run to our back yard and see a sedan (was a brand new BMW - think it was a 5 series) that took down the corner streetlight (wedged under the car) sitting in my neighbors yard 15 feet from where his living room is. Driver appeared to be young girl in her mid 20s (had 3 of her girlfriends with her). Officer said she was speeding to beat the light and estimated she was at 50-60 mph. She clipped a minivan with a 3 month old in the back...thank God the baby and parents were ok. Freaks me out to this day (don't even want to type what about).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Honestly? Thank goodness for the tree or it would have sliced right through that house. A Guy

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sorry, but if you're tripling the speed limit on a narrow two-lane country road and kill yourself and your passengers, I have little sympathy for you. This is simply a prime example of Darwinism - nature didn't want these idiots to procreate.

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
13,867 Posts
Sad, but simple case of a driver not respecting the horsepower of a Hellcat and driving way beyond her capabilities .If people do not know their limitations or how to handle vehicles with this level of power, they're playing with a loaded hand gun without understanding how it works. These types of crashes will foster calls for limiting horsepower available to the general public in order to prevent things like this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know that road and I know that corner (curve is an understatement) and I wouldn't want to take it in an indy car at 120.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Darwin Award! Can't legislate for stupid. A civic can drive dangerously fast, let alone the brotherhood of muscle. Ever watch those videos of the Tesla P1000D spanking Hellkitties? Ban Electricity I tell you! dangerous shit.....lol

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
What a Shame

I live just a few minutes from the site. Not really a place to be going that fast. I actually just went through that spot this evening. The curve is a 40mph zone, and even has a sign showing a signalized intersection ahead. Very bad spot to be speeding like that. You can see the tire marks still on the road - very nearly took out a telephone pole to the right of the lane, then looks like overcorrection and straight into the field. Lots of folks doing a drive-by, checking out the scene. Really no chance for a good outcome for any driver doing that speed on that road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to know the age of the driver.
He was in his 50's. WELL AWARE of the dangers of the road. It's sickening. My aunt was in the car. He will never be forgiven. What posessed him to drive over 100 miles past the speed limit will never be known. He took 3 innocent lives, one of which was my aunt. My moms sister, my grandparents first born, terrible.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
He was in his 50's. WELL AWARE of the dangers of the road. It's sickening. My aunt was in the car. He will never be forgiven. What posessed him to drive over 100 miles past the speed limit will never be known. He took 3 innocent lives, one of which was my aunt. My moms sister, my grandparents first born, terrible.

I am VERY sorry for your loss. I will pray for their Souls at Church in a few minutes. She was truly innocent, probably in trapped in the back seat of a death ride of an idiot. The we were given free will, a shame what some people do with it...
May she be seated at the seat our Lord prepared for her.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Honestly? Thank goodness for the tree or it would have sliced right through that house. A
Guy

Unfortunately it still did damage to his home. It's a shame the driver was so careless. Now a year later we get to partake in a memorial rather than a 50th birthday party.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I am VERY sorry for your loss. I will pray for their Souls at Church in a few minutes. She was truly innocent, probably in trapped in the back seat of a death ride of an idiot. The we were given free will, a shame what some people do with it...
May she be seated at the seat our Lord prepared for her.
Thank you so much. She was in the back seat, along with a good friend of hers. We've heard over the last few months about his reputation. My aunt, and the other passengers, would have never gotten in that car if they knew the outcome of that day. People residing in the area have mentioned he was careless in the car, disrespectful and only out for speed.

It's supposedly known that when his tire went off the side of the road he hit the gas rather than letting off and trying to correct it. Whether that's true we will never know. I just wish they never got in the car, his stupidity has now affected hundreds of people due to a lossed loved one

·
Registered
465 Posts
I know that road and I know that corner (curve is an understatement) and I wouldn't want to take it in an indy car at 120.
No corner visible in the aerial shot. The car left the road on a straight portion. Odd.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No corner visible in the aerial shot. The car left the road on a straight portion. Odd.
We went to the site today to put flowers where the tree had been that they hit. The road has a turn a little ways away and a straight path. They traveled far on the straight path so it may look like it was a straight path but it wasn't.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
My condolences regardless

A Guy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts