Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered coated Kooks headers and catless mid pipes from Maryland Speed on 8/31/17. 6 Months later and I still do not have my headers and catless mids. I have 60+ emails between Maryland speed and their own Branden which is absolutely ridiculous. I have heard every excuse in the book from him but he never really gives you an actual update. All his response are vague and leave you scratching your head wondering how they can conduct business this way. "Supposedly" they have been at the coaters since 1/19/18 yet it only takes 1-2 weeks to get them coated per their front office person.

The latest excuse I got was that "I am just doing what I can to get the order cancelled or fulfilled. I do not want to keep playing with the coater" which I have no clue what that means. He then goes to say that those are now your only two options, to get the order cancelled or fulfilled without the coating. How are these people still offering coating services yet they have taken 6 months already and i have yet to see my coated headers and mids.

On Thursday of last week, Branden tells me that if I want my headers and mids fast he can send out them out by mid week which was yesterday. Guess what, no tracking information. I have emailed him several times and no response what so ever. I called their shop today and supposedly he is sick this week and not in the office but how is that my problem.

Maryland speed has also been dropped by Kooks as an official retailer yet when I told them that, his response was that he buys Kooks from several vendors but yet he still cant seem to be able to fulfill my order.

Long story short, do not order from these people. They will take your money hostage and not fulfill their order. If I didnt pay for part of the purchase using a VISA gift card I would've disputed with my bank along time ago. You will never get a straight answer from them and you will only get false promises from them. It doesnt matter how much you plead with these people they do not care about you or your business. I have seen these type of threads on the Camaro/Corvette forums as well and they have been dropped as a vendor as on their sites as well.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I ordered coated Kooks headers and catless mid pipes from Maryland Speed on 8/31/17. 6 Months later and I still do not have my headers and catless mids. I have 60+ emails between Maryland speed and their own Branden which is absolutely ridiculous. I have heard every excuse in the book from him but he never really gives you an actual update. All his response are vague and leave you scratching your head wondering how they can conduct business this way. "Supposedly" they have been at the coaters since 1/19/18 yet it only takes 1-2 weeks to get them coated per their front office person.

The latest excuse I got was that "I am just doing what I can to get the order cancelled or fulfilled. I do not want to keep playing with the coater" which I have no clue what that means. He then goes to say that those are now your only two options, to get the order cancelled or fulfilled without the coating. How are these people still offering coating services yet they have taken 6 months already and i have yet to see my coated headers and mids.

On Thursday of last week, Branden tells me that if I want my headers and mids fast he can send out them out by mid week which was yesterday. Guess what, no tracking information. I have emailed him several times and no response what so ever. I called their shop today and supposedly he is sick this week and not in the office but how is that my problem.

Maryland speed has also been dropped by Kooks as an official retailer yet when I told them that, his response was that he buys Kooks from several vendors but yet he still cant seem to be able to fulfill my order.

Long story short, do not order from these people. They will take your money hostage and not fulfill their order. If I didnt pay for part of the purchase using a VISA gift card I would've disputed with my bank along time ago. You will never get a straight answer from them and you will only get false promises from them. It doesnt matter how much you plead with these people they do not care about you or your business. I have seen these type of threads on the Camaro/Corvette forums as well and they have been dropped as a vendor as on their sites as well.
Absolutely stunned..... after all the 'BEWARE' threads posted on multiple forums... how is MS still in business ? they got me Too !

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just ordered a set of Kooks from them on Monday. I was wondering why I still haven't seen a tracking number. I see why they tell you over and over you must read there terms which states it could take a bit longer to ship out but I was not expecting months. I hope you get yours sooner then later. Guess we will see what happens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, I just researched Maryland speed and see lots of beware post. People want a discount for things and they do tell you upfront it could be while. Sucks it can be months but might be worth it to some to save money. Hopefully you get your headers sooner then later. I will wait for mine as well and hope its sooner then later as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel your pain, ordered my kooks headers on 8-30-17 and still nothing...i get the same responses everybody else is getting...they are crooks and what they are doing should be illegal.... Anybody that considers ordering anything from them should read the forums or go to the BBB reviews first...they are horrible!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After 6+ months, I finally received a tracking number from Branden yesterday. He said he would cut me a check and refund me the coating difference within a week since the headers and mids were never coated. Apparently, they gave my order to someone who had ordered after I had placed my order so I never got mine. He blames it on the coater. Who knows...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts