Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 dodge challenger
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am writing this review about my experience with Maryland Speed and to warn others about this business. I know this is not the first one and won't be the last review about them. It's been about 7 months and nothing from them. I made the big mistake of ordering something without researching them first.

On September 12, 2017 I decided it was time to order Kooks long tube headers and high flow cats. While searching in different websites, I found Maryland Speed and immediately got a message from Branden. He gave me a discount and I made the purchase. I waited for 4 weeks and nothing from them. I sent an email and received this answer, “I am working to have progress this week for you. I am sorry for the delay.” Waited another week and every time I sent an email, I would get the same response, “I will have answers by the end of the week.”

On October 31, 2017, I called Branden to give me a tracking number. He responded that “he is waiting on the cats to arrive and he will send them.” I called Kooks a week later and they told me that he is not a vendor anymore. On December 27, 2017, I get the same response but with an excuse, “I understand. I am working to get a final answer so this does not stretch any longer. I understand your frustration. With the holidays, a lot of things are closed, but I should have a better answer soon.” On January 6, 2018, I sent another email and got this answer, “The issue is, we were closed most of the last two weeks. We opened after New Years, then lost two more days because of the snow storm. I am working to get accurate updates on everything by the start of the week, including a lot of tracking numbers. I will be in touch Monday.” Excuses after excuses and he never called back. On February 6,2018, I got an email from Branden saying, “Will try and call tomorrow. Very shorthanded because everyone has the flu.” Another excuse, and he never called.

I called once a week or more and, for some reason, Branden was never available and his comments were the same, “it will ship next week.” On February 27, 2018, I sent an email to him in the morning and then called at about 2 PM and his assistant told me he was in a meeting. Later that , I received this email stating, I have been out sick the last two days with a bad sinus infection and nose bleeds. As long as I am in the office, I should have an update tomorrow. If not, I will have one of my reps do it.” So now, I know he is making excuses and does not plan to deliver.

I keep telling him that I would make a dispute on March 2, and never got an email from him. Then, on May 2, I told him I would proceed with the dispute and suddenly he decides to answer- “So I am stopping shipping of this today then.” I told him that I was out of town and not able to do the dispute because I have to print all the emails and download the phone conversations to a USB.

On March 15, 2018, I finally received an answer- “I will have an answer next day.” That was his final email and he has never responded to my emails from that day on.

Then, on the late days of March, I have to call more that 10 time so he answers the phone. When he does, he clearly is angry and when I demanded a date, he has no idea when he will have it. And it goes like that until the current date of April 3, 2018. And I have not received any parts or an update from them. I clearly gave them more than enough time and patience for them to send my order. They took the money from my account the first day.

I have not done the dispute because I made the payment with my debit card and don’t want to go through the large process, but if he doesn’t deliver by April 10, I will have to make a dispute.

If I would have known I could have gotten the exact product from Kooks for $200 dollars more and had them within 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
You and I were in the same boat. I ordered Kooks headers/cats on 9/12/17 and was told it would be 6 to 8 weeks. Finally, after repeatedly getting the run around from them, in December, I filed a refund claim with my credit card company. I was finally reimbursed in Feb. I had success ordering from them in the past with JBA shorties and SLP long tubes, as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had same experience.

Currently waiting for a decision from my credit card company on my dispute.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
They have had my funds since October. I'm still getting the run around. I just filed a complaint with BBB https://www.bbb.org/en/us and may file theft of goods with their county department and do a review on youtube. I'm very calm and quiet person but I'm losing my temper with that branden person. I actually thought I was going to finally get the headers this week finally.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don’t know how he does it.....
I just had my second dispute found in favor of the merchant.
So, I filed a third dispute. I have no idea how Maryland Speed can sell an item and not deliver and the credit card company not support the credit card holder.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
PayPal Refund

I had a similar problem. I used PayPal for my purchase and after 6 months I filed a claim and got a full refund.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I don’t know how he does it.....
I just had my second dispute found in favor of the merchant.
So, I filed a third dispute. I have no idea how Maryland Speed can sell an item and not deliver and the credit card company not support the credit card holder.
Me either haha.
Just hope I finally get my product!

·
Registered
54 Posts
If anyone is interested and never heard.

EDIT: My post count is not high enough to post direct links.

Attorney General Frosh Announces Settlement with Maryland
Speed

Online Retailer Will Pay Restitution and Penalties for Failing to Ship Purchased
Auto Parts to Consumers

BALTIMORE, MD (December 6, 2018) – Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh today
announced that his Consumer Protection Division has settled charges against Maryland Speed
LLC (Maryland Speed), an online retailer specializing in the sale of auto parts, and its owner,
Branden Farthing.

Charges against Maryland Speed and Farthing were initially brought in September 2018, and
alleged that the retailer, based in Hollywood, Maryland, violated the Consumer Protection Act
when it accepted payments for parts that it failed to provide to customers and refused to issue
refunds. According to the settlement, at least 671 consumers placed orders with Maryland Speed
but never received their purchased parts. Although many consumers were able to get refunds by
contesting the charges on their credit cards, according to the Consent Order, at least 235 of those
consumers are owed refunds totaling at least $220,877.14.

The settlement requires Maryland Speed to stop selling parts it cannot provide and to provide the
Consumer Protection Division with a $100,000.00 surety bond if it continues doing business in
Maryland. The company and Farthing must also return all of the monies they owe to consumers
and pay penalties and costs to the Division in the amount of $100,000.00, which may be reduced
if full refunds are made to consumers.

“This case demonstrates exactly why the Maryland Consumer Protection Act is so important,”
said Attorney General Frosh. “Without the protections of the Act, customers who did not receive
purchased goods from Maryland Speed, and were also denied refunds, had little recourse.
Affected customers will now be able to obtain some restitution.”

In making today’s announcement, Attorney General Frosh thanked Consumer Protection
Division Deputy Chief Philip Ziperman, Administrator Hanna Abrams, and Investigators Chris
Waldt and Patrick Tormey for their work on the case.

Consumers who are owed refunds from Maryland Speed may call the Consumer Protection
hotline at 410-528-8662 or 888-743-0023.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,271 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
And still in business. So sad. He is so crooked he even gets off with the ability to keep selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
How are these perps still in business?? I am glad I never ordered anything from them! Another great benefit of being a member of a great forum like this...we look out for each other! Karma....I see it all the time!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
How are these perps still in business? I am so glad I never ordered anything from them! Another great benefit of being a member of this great forum...we look out for each other!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
so to bump this.. has anyone heard if this guy is still in business and doing the same stuff he was prior to court?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts